REGULAR MEETING OF THE MIDLAND CITY COUNCIL
City Hall, 333 W. Ellsworth Street, Midland, Michigan
April 14, 2008 7:00 p.m.
CALL TO ORDER – Bruce A. Johnson, Mayor
PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE TO THE FLAG
ROLL CALL - Thomas W. Adams
Bruce A. Johnson
Hollis H. McKeag
Joseph M. Rokosz
CONSIDERATION OF ADOPTING CONSENT AGENDA ITEMS:
All resolutions marked with an asterisk are considered to be routine and will be enacted by one motion. There will be no separate consideration of these items unless a Council member or citizen so requests during the discussion stage of the “Motion to adopt the Consent Agenda as indicated”. If there is even a single request the item will be removed from the consent agenda without further motion and considered in its listed sequence in regular fashion.
Information on each agenda item is available by clicking on the number of the item.
APPROVAL OF MINUTES:
* 1. Approve minutes of March 19 special, March 24 regular and March 26 special City Council meetings. TISDALE
PROCLAMATIONS, AWARDS, RECOGNITIONS, PRESENTATIONS:
2. Proclamation of Recognition to Chief of Police James Q. St. Louis upon his retirement from Midland’s police force. RICHART
3. Zoning Petition No. 546 – to rezone property at 4228 Bay City Road from Regional Commercial to Community Commercial zoning (Also see material sent in March 10 agenda packet). BAKER
4. Zoning Petition No. 547 – to rezone property at 221 W. Wackerly Street from Office Service to Community Commercial zoning (Also see material sent in March 10 agenda packet). BAKER
5. Zoning Petition No. 548 – to rezone property at 102, 108, 110 and 114 W. Buttles Street from Office Service to Downtown Zoning (Also see material sent in March 10 agenda packet). BAKER
6. Zoning Text Amendment No. 146A – to increase the allowable building height from 28 feet to 76 feet in height in the downtown zoning district (Also see material sent in March 10 agenda packet). BAKER
PUBLIC COMMENTS, IF ANY, BEFORE CITY COUNCIL.
(Please sign up with City Clerk before meeting). This is an opportunity for people to address
7. Approving Site Plan No. 274 – Wilcox Professional Services, LLC on behalf of Mid-Michigan Energy, LLC - to construct an electrical generating station located at 4201 S. Saginaw Road on 132.27 acres. BAKER
8. Receiving and filing the City Manager’s Proposed 2008-09 Budget and directing the City Clerk to publish a notice of public hearings on the budget. KEENAN
* 9. Acknowledging receipt of and filing a Freedom Of Information Act denial appeal and scheduling appeal to be placed on the April 28 City Council agenda. BRANSON
* 10. Considering reappointment of incumbents to the Sewer District Board of Appeals. BUSH
11. Making Traffic Control Orders Permanent: MAKI
* a. P-08-02 – that parking shall be prohibited on both sides of Jefferson Avenue from Eastlawn Drive to 180’ north.
* b. S-08-02 – that Sterling Court shall stop for Siebert Street.
* c. S-08-03 – that Sterling Drive shall stop for Siebert Street and TCO S-82-08 shall be rescinded.
* 12. Approving request to conduct the Michigan Airborne Day event at Barstow Airport on July 19 and 20. MAKI
13. Consideration of purchases and contracts:
* a. Addendum to existing Barstow Airport Services contract with Quality Aviation Services. MCMANUS
* b. Purchase of Property from Chemical Bank for Eastman Avenue Improvements. MCMANUS
* c. Diesel Fuel Purchase on March 26 (4/5 vote required). MURPHY
* d. Unleaded Gasoline Purchase on March 26 (4/5 vote required). MURPHY
* e. Currie Golf Course Food Concession Agreement (4/5 vote required). DUSO
14. Setting a public hearing:
a. 2008 Sidewalk Improvement Program Hearing of Necessity (5/12). MAKI
* b. Zoning Petition No. 549 – to rezone property at 215 Fast Ice Drive from Agricultural to Limited Commercial Manufacturing and Research (5/12). BAKER
* c. 2008-09 Community Development Block Grant Budget (5/12). BAKER
* d. Amendment to the 2007-08 budgets and financial working plans (4/28). KEENAN
TO CONTACT THE CITY WITH QUESTIONS OR FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:
Citizen Comment Line: 837-3400
City of Midland website address: www.midland-mi.org
City of Midland email address: email@example.com
Government Information Center: located near the reference desk at the Grace A. Dow Memorial Library