MEETING OF THE
April 28, 2008 7:00 p.m.
CALL TO ORDER – Bruce A. Johnson, Mayor
PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE TO THE FLAG
ROLL CALL - Thomas W. Adams
Bruce A. Johnson
Hollis H. McKeag
Joseph M. Rokosz
CONSIDERATION OF ADOPTING CONSENT AGENDA ITEMS:
All resolutions marked with an asterisk are considered to be routine and will be enacted by one motion. There will be no separate consideration of these items unless a Council member or citizen so requests during the discussion stage of the “Motion to adopt the Consent Agenda as indicated”. If there is even a single request the item will be removed from the consent agenda without further motion and considered in its listed sequence in regular fashion.
Information on each agenda item is available by clicking on the number of the item.
APPROVAL OF MINUTES:
* 1. Approve minutes of April 14 regular and April 21 special City Council meetings. TISDALE
PROCLAMATIONS, AWARDS, RECOGNITIONS, PRESENTATIONS:
2. Presentation by Sharon Mortensen, Chairperson, Midland County Continuum of Care, on need for affordable housing for extremely low income citizens in Midland. RICHART
3. Building Safety Week – May 5 – 11. RICHART
4. City Manager’s Proposed 2008-09 Budget (Also see material sent in April 14 agenda packet). KEENAN
5. Amendment to the 2007-08 budgets and financial working plans (Also see material sent in April 14 agenda packet). KEENAN
6. Request from The Dow Chemical Company to establish the Dow Chemical Waldo Avenue Industrial Development District No. 1 (Also see material sent in March 24 agenda packet). DUFORD
COMMENTS, IF ANY, BEFORE CITY COUNCIL.
(Please sign up with City Clerk before meeting). This is an opportunity for people to address
* 7. Approving Site Plan No. 275 – Mid-Michigan Real Estate/Century 21 Central – to construct a 3,743 square foot office building located at 609 E. Wackerly Street on
0.77 acres. BAKER
* 8. Approving Site Plan No. 277 – Wilcox Professional Services, LLC on behalf of Alloy Construction Services, Inc. – for a 32,532 square foot building located at 92 Waldo Avenue on 13 acres. BAKER
9. Authorizing the City Council to take action on a Freedom of Information Act denial appeal. BRANSON
10. Making Traffic Control Orders Permanent: MAKI
* a. P-08-06 – that parking shall be prohibited on Swede Avenue from Wheeler Street to 285’ north of Wheeler Street and that TCO P-06-20 shall be rescinded.
* b. P-08-07 – that parking shall be prohibited on Jefferson Avenue between approximately 175’ north and 120’ south of Dartmouth Drive.
* c. P-08-08 – that parking shall be prohibited on the east side of Artcrest Street from 24’ north to 24’ south of the driveway for 4910 Artcrest Street.
* d. S-08-04 – that Federal Street shall yield to Boston Street.
* 11. Receiving and filing the quarterly financial reports for September 30, 2007 and December 31, 2007. KEENAN
* 12. Approving the County of Midland/City of Midland Emergency Operations Plan. DUSO
* 13. Enrolling the City of Midland in the State of Michigan Fire Insurance Withholding Program. BRANSON
* 14. Receiving and filing the 2007 Annual Drinking Water Quality Report. BUSH
* 15. Receiving and filing the Five-Year Comprehensive Sewer Report. BUSH
* 16. Authorizing the sale at public auction on May 3, 2008, of unclaimed personal property being held by the Police Department and other departmental surplus items. MEYER
* 17. Confirming the City Manager’s reappointment of Marty McGuire, Margaret Riecker and Mark Ruhle to the Downtown Development Authority. BAKER
* 18. Appointing Robert Lane to the Midland County Central Dispatch Authority Administrative Policy Board to fill an unexpired term ending January 31, 2010. LYNCH
19. Considering purchases and contracts:
* a. 2008 East Sugnet Road Reconstruction and Water Main Contract No. 3. MCMANUS
* b. Increase Purchase Order to Foster Oil Company for fuel at golf course. MURPHY
* c. Cell 14 Leachate Interceptor Trench. BUSH
* d. Directional Bore Machine. BUSH
* e. Trenchless Sewer Liner Repair. BUSH
20. Setting a public hearing:
* a. Request from The Dow Chemical Company for an Industrial Facilities Exemption Certificate within the Michigan Division Dow Chemical Company Plant Rehabilitation District No. 1 (5/12). DUFORD
* b. Request from New-Tech, Zeigler Enterprises, Inc. for an Industrial Facilities Exemption Certificate within the MSARI Holdings Industrial Development District No. 1 (5/12). DUFORD
* c. Amendment to the Equipment Revolving Fund budget for the purchase of a 6-person truck for Water Department (5/12). MURPHY
TO CONTACT THE CITY WITH QUESTIONS OR FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:
Citizen Comment Line: 837-3400