MEETING OF THE
June 23, 2008 7:00 p.m.
CALL TO ORDER – Bruce A. Johnson, Mayor
PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE TO THE FLAG
ROLL CALL - Thomas W. Adams
Bruce A. Johnson
Hollis H. McKeag
Joseph M. Rokosz
CONSIDERATION OF ADOPTING CONSENT AGENDA ITEMS:
All resolutions marked with an asterisk are considered to be routine and will be enacted by one motion. There will be no separate consideration of these items unless a Council member or citizen so requests during the discussion stage of the “Motion to adopt the Consent Agenda as indicated”. If there is even a single request the item will be removed from the consent agenda without further motion and considered in its listed sequence in regular fashion.
Information on each agenda item is available by clicking on the number of the item.
APPROVAL OF MINUTES:
* 1. Approve minutes of June 9 special and regular City Council meetings. TISDALE
PROCLAMATIONS, AWARDS, RECOGNITIONS, PRESENTATIONS:
2. Proclamation of Recognition to the Michigan Army National Guard’s 1460th Transportation Company. RICHART
3. Receiving and filing the update on issuing bonds to pay the unfunded portion of the City’s refund to MCV for settlement of the tax appeal. KEENAN
4. Request from Evergreen Solar, Inc. for an Industrial Facilities Tax Exemption Certificate within the Eastwick Industrial Park Industrial Development District (Also see material sent in June 9 agenda packet). DUFORD
5. Amendment to the Cable Communications Fund Budget (Also see material sent in June 9 agenda packet). BEACOM
COMMENTS, IF ANY, BEFORE CITY COUNCIL.
(Please sign up with City Clerk before meeting). This is an opportunity for people to address
6. Second reading and adoption of an ordinance amendment: BUSH
a. Section 28-52 of Division 3 of Article II of Chapter 28 – Water Rates
b. Section 28-163 of Division 3 of Article III of Chapter 28 – Sewer Rates
c. Section 28-124 of Division 1 of Article III of Chapter 28 – Septage Rates
d. Section 28-216 of Division 5 of Article III of Chapter 28 – Discharge Requirements
7. Approving Site Plan: BAKER
* a. No. 280 – for a 27,524 sq. ft. mixed commercial shopping center located at 211 E. Wackerly Street on 4.15 acres.
* b. No. 281 – for a 30,000 sq. ft. building located at 2820 Schuette Road on 4.76 acres.
* 8. Approving a two-year time extension for tentative approval of the preliminary plat of Scenic Estates No. 7, a residential subdivision of 29 lots on 15 acres east of Jefferson Avenue and south of Wackerly Street. BAKER
9. Giving final approval to the preliminary plat of Scenic Estates No. 7, a residential subdivision of 29 lots on 15 acres east of Jefferson Avenue and south of Wackerly Street. BAKER
10. Making Traffic Control Orders permanent: MAKI
* a. P-08-12 – that parking shall be prohibited on the southeast side of Rodd Street from 60’ to 115’ northeast of the centerline of Main Street to accommodate a bus loading and tow zone and for the next 25’ to accommodate a loading and tow zone; and that TCOs P-76-06, P-80-04, P-89-03, P-89-07, P-92-01, and P-92-05 shall be rescinded.
* b. P-08-13 – that parking shall be prohibited on the southeast side of McDonald Street from 60’ to 130’ northeast of the centerline of Main Street to accommodate a bus loading and tow zone.
* 11. Recommending approval of a request from Alpine Midland, LLC to transfer ownership and location of a Class C licensed business with Dance-Entertainment Permit from K & D Espresso, Inc. and to reclassify the license to a B-Hotel license. DUSO
* 12. Recommending approval of a request from the Artful Dodger Brewing Company for a PA 501 Liquor License and Brew Pub Liquor License to be located at 114-120 E. Main Street. DUSO
* 13. Accepting the resignation of Donald Deibert from the Cable Access Advisory Commission. BEACOM
14. Considering purchases and contracts:
a. Increase Purchase Orders for services rendered at the Civic Arena: IRELAND
* 1. PO #24113 to the Arnold Center
* 2. PO #24649 to J. E. Johnson
* b. Increase PO #24676 to Liquid Calcium Chloride for brine for dust control. MURPHY
* c. Diesel Fuel purchased June 4 (4/5 vote required). MURPHY
* d. Unleaded Fuel purchased June 11 (4/5 vote required). MURPHY
* e. Ferric Chloride – Water and Wastewater Treatment Plants. BUSH
* f. Calcium Oxide – Water Treatment Plant. BUSH
* g. Hydrofluosilicic Acid – Water Treatment Plant. BUSH
* h. Water Meters and Accessories. BUSH
* i. Trenchless Sewer Line Repair – Wastewater. BUSH
* j. Agreement with Heartland Home Health Care for medical and personal services at Riverside Place and Washington Woods. BAKER
* k. Mutual Aid Agreement between the City of Midland and the Michigan DNR. GARCIA
* l. Increase PO #23600 to Turfgrass, Inc. for golf course chemicals. IRELAND
* m. Mechanical Joint Fittings – Water Distribution. BUSH
* 15. Setting a public hearing on an amendment of the 2008-09 General Fund, Major Street Fund, and Debt Service Fund Budgets to account for the receipt of the bond issue proceeds, the subsequent tax refund payment to MCV, and the 2008-09 debt service costs relating to the bonds (7/14). KEENAN
16. City Council’s report on the job performance review and resolution adjusting the annual compensation for: JOHNSON
a. City Attorney
b. City Manager
TO CONTACT THE CITY WITH QUESTIONS OR FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:
Citizen Comment Line: 837-3400