MEETING OF THE
July 14, 2008 7:00 p.m.
CALL TO ORDER – Bruce A. Johnson, Mayor
PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE TO THE FLAG
ROLL CALL - Thomas W. Adams
Bruce A. Johnson
Hollis H. McKeag
Joseph M. Rokosz
CONSIDERATION OF ADOPTING CONSENT AGENDA ITEMS:
All resolutions marked with an asterisk are considered to be routine and will be enacted by one motion. There will be no separate consideration of these items unless a Council member or citizen so requests during the discussion stage of the “Motion to adopt the Consent Agenda as indicated”. If there is even a single request the item will be removed from the consent agenda without further motion and considered in its listed sequence in regular fashion.
Information on each agenda item is available by clicking on the number of the item.
APPROVAL OF MINUTES:
* 1. Approve minutes of June 23 regular City Council meeting. TISDALE
PROCLAMATIONS, AWARDS, RECOGNITIONS, PRESENTATIONS:
2. Recognition of Patrol Officer Dawn Mayer as the 2007 Law Enforcement Officer of the Year. LANE
3. Engineer’s Report regarding the impacts of closing Goldenwood Drive and resolution accepting the report and setting a public hearing on the proposed closure (8/11). MCMANUS
4. Zoning Petition No. 552 – to rezone property at 4916, 4920 and 5000 N. Saginaw Road from Regional Commercial to Office Service zoning (Also see material sent in June 9 agenda packet). BAKER
5. Zoning Text Amendment No. 147A – to increase the allowable wall signage in the “C” circle zoning district from 40 sq. ft. to 100 sq. ft. (Also see material sent in June 9 agenda packet). BAKER
6. Amendment of the 2008-09 General Fund, Major Street Fund, and Debt Service Budgets to account for the receipt of the bond issue proceeds, the subsequent tax refund payment to MCV, and the 2008-09 debt service costs relating to the bonds (Also see material sent in June 23 agenda packet). KEENAN
COMMENTS, IF ANY, BEFORE CITY COUNCIL.
(Please sign up with City Clerk before meeting). This is an opportunity for people to address
7. Approving Site Plans: BAKER
* a. No. 282 – MidMichigan Medical Center – for a 101,410 sq. ft. building located at 4005 Orchard Drive on 33.06 acres.
* b. No. 283 – Midland Equities, LLC – for a 44,100 sq. ft. building located at 215 Fast Ice Drive on 11.64 acres.
8. Approving two-year extension of time for completion of sidewalk: BAKER
* a. Broadhead Estates Subdivision No. 1.
* b. Broadhead Estates Subdivision No. 2.
c. Scenic Estates Subdivision No. 6.
* d. Countryside Estates Subdivision No. 2.
9. Approving the request from Dow Corning Corporation to revise Industrial Facilities Exemption Certificates: DUFORD
* a. No. 2006-097
* b. No. 2006-445
* 10. Recommending approval of a New Resort Economic Development Class C liquor license to be located at 1300 Currie Parkway. DUSO
* 11. Approving request to conduct Circle Sidewalk Sale Days on July 24 – 26. DUSO
* 12. Approving request from the Humane Society of Midland County to use area near Farmers Market. DUSO
13. Considering purchases and contracts:
* a. 2008 Dartmoor, Valorie and Baldwin Street Reconstruction; Contract No. 8. MCMANUS
* b. Washington Woods East Roof Replacement. STEWART
* c. Diesel Fuel purchase from June 27 (4/5 vote required). MURPHY
* d. Excavator Three-Year Lease – Landfill. BUSH
* e. Janitorial Services – Water Treatment Plant (4/5 vote required). BUSH
* f. Manhole Rehabilitation – Wastewater. BUSH
14. Setting a public hearing:
* a. Conditional Use Permit No. 30 – a request by Joan Dukarski for a group child day care in a residential A-1 zoning district at 809 E. Sugnet Road on 0.25 acres (8/11). BAKER
* b. Conditional Use Permit No. 31 – a request of Midland Country Club for a new clubhouse, pool and cabana building in a residential A-1 zoning district at 1120 W. St. Andrews Road on 116.14 acres (8/11). BAKER
* c. Amendment to the 2008-09 Landfill Fund Budget to increase appropriations by $50,000 for the purchase of real property at 4594 E. Wheeler Road (8/11). BUSH
* 15. Acknowledging receipt of and authorizing the City Council to accept the Freedom of Information Act appeal. BRANSON
TO CONTACT THE CITY WITH QUESTIONS OR FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:
Citizen Comment Line: 837-3400