MEETING OF THE
July 21, 2008 7:00 p.m.
CALL TO ORDER – Bruce A. Johnson, Mayor
PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE TO THE FLAG
ROLL CALL - Thomas W. Adams
Bruce A. Johnson
Hollis H. McKeag
Joseph M. Rokosz
CONSIDERATION OF ADOPTING CONSENT AGENDA ITEMS:
All resolutions marked with an asterisk are considered to be routine and will be enacted by one motion. There will be no separate consideration of these items unless a Council member or citizen so requests during the discussion stage of the “Motion to adopt the Consent Agenda as indicated”. If there is even a single request the item will be removed from the consent agenda without further motion and considered in its listed sequence in regular fashion.
Information on each agenda item is available by clicking on the number of the item.
APPROVAL OF MINUTES:
* 1. Approve minutes of July 14 regular City Council meeting. TISDALE
PROCLAMATIONS, AWARDS, RECOGNITIONS, PRESENTATIONS:
2. Presentation on the MBS International Airport. JEFF NAGEL, AIRPORT MANAGER
IF ANY, BEFORE CITY COUNCIL.
(Please sign up with City Clerk before meeting). This is an opportunity for people to address
3. Introduction and first reading of an amendment to Section 28-102 and Section 28-129 of Division 1 of Article III of Chapter 28 of the Sewers and Sewage Disposal Ordinance. BUSH
4. Authorizing the City Manager to take the necessary steps to implement the Public Input Process for the 2009-10 City of Midland Budget and to enter into a contract with Kezziah Watkins to facilitate said process. LYNCH
5. Authorizing the City Council to take action on the Freedom of Information Act denial appeal. BRANSON – WITHDRAWN BY PETITIONER
* 6. Making Traffic Control Order P-08-14 permanent - that parking shall be prohibited on the south side of Wackerly Street from Perrine Road to Sturgeon Avenue. MAKI
7. Considering purchases and contracts:
* a. Three-year Agreement with Midland Tomorrow. DUSO
* b. Periodical and Newspaper Subscription Services – Library. BARNARD
* c. Land Application of Biosolids – Wastewater. BUSH
* d. Grounds Maintenance Equipment – DPS. MURPHY
* e. Sidewalk Replacement Program. MURPHY
* 8. Setting a public hearing on a budget amendment to expand the scope of the Type III Landfill Cell Hydrogeological Study (8/11). BUSH
TO CONTACT THE CITY WITH QUESTIONS OR FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:
Citizen Comment Line: 837-3400