REGULAR MEETING OF THE MIDLAND CITY COUNCIL
City Hall, 333 W. Ellsworth Street, Midland, Michigan
August 25, 2008 7:00 p.m.
CALL TO ORDER – Bruce A. Johnson, Mayor
PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE TO THE FLAG
ROLL CALL - Thomas W. Adams
Bruce A. Johnson
Hollis H. McKeag
Joseph M. Rokosz
CONSIDERATION OF ADOPTING CONSENT AGENDA ITEMS:
All resolutions marked with an asterisk are considered to be routine and will be enacted by one motion. There will be no separate consideration of these items unless a Council member or citizen so requests during the discussion stage of the “Motion to adopt the Consent Agenda as indicated”. If there is even a single request the item will be removed from the consent agenda without further motion and considered in its listed sequence in regular fashion.
Information on each agenda item is available by clicking on the number of the item.
APPROVAL OF MINUTES:
* 1. Approve minutes of August 11 City Council meeting. TISDALE
PROCLAMATIONS, AWARDS, RECOGNITIONS, PRESENTATIONS:
2. Assisted Living Week – September 7 – 13. RICHART
3. Suicide Awareness and Prevention Day – September 7. RICHART
4. Presentation by Scott Walker, Midland Tomorrow Executive Director. DUSO
5. Special Assessment Roll for the 2008 Goldenwood Drive Street Improvement Special Assessment District (Also see material sent in August 11 agenda packet). DUFORD
PUBLIC COMMENTS, IF ANY, BEFORE CITY COUNCIL. (Please sign
up with City Clerk before meeting). This
is an opportunity for people to address the
* 6. Approving Site Plan No. 284, Three Rivers Corporation on behalf of Senior Services – Midland County Council on Aging, for an 11,132 square foot building located at 5000 N. Saginaw Road on 2.3 acres. BAKER
7. Making Traffic Control Orders permanent: MAKI
* a. P-08-15 – that parking shall be prohibited on the north side of Union Street and shall be two-hour parking on the south side of Union Street from Ashman Street to Gordon Street.
* b. P-08-16 – that parking shall be prohibited on Union Street from Indian Street to 100’ east of Indian Street.
* c. R-08-01 – that the speed limit of Jefferson Avenue from Joe Mann Boulevard to the north City limits shall be 45 mph and from Joe Mann Boulevard to Wackerly Street shall be 35 mph and that TCO R-05-01 and TCO R-05-02 shall be rescinded.
* 8. Affirming the City of Midland’s contractual obligation undertaken by the Saginaw-Midland Municipal Water Supply Corporation’s 1992 bond contract and agreeing to the continuing disclosure undertaking. BUSH
* 9. Appointing officer delegates to attend the Municipal Employee Retirement System 62nd annual meeting. KEENAN
* 10. Accepting the resignation of David Dauer from the Parks and Recreation Commission. IRELAND
11. Considering purchases and contracts:
* a. Library Automation Services from the Valley Library Consortium (4/5 vote required). BARNARD
* b. Housing construction agreement between the City, Midland Public Schools and Jeremy Conway to construct a handicap accessible residential dwelling at 204 Vail Street. BAKER
* c. Annual SunGard Public Sector Software Maintenance Renewal (4/5 vote required). UNDERHILL
* d. Two replacement boilers – Riverside Place. MARCY
* e. Diesel Fuel Purchase from August 12 (4/5 vote required). MURPHY
* f. Skid-Steer Loader, Tractor-Loader-Backhoe and Articulated Loader. MURPHY
12. Setting a public hearing:
* a. Zoning Petition No. 553 – Rapanos Enterprises – to rezone property at 102 Fast Ice Drive from Agricultural and Regional Commercial to Limited Commercial, Manufacturing and Research (LCMR) zoning district (9/15). BAKER
* b. Request from Faulkner Construction Company to establish an Industrial Development District (9/8). DUFORD
TO CONTACT THE CITY WITH QUESTIONS OR FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:
Citizen Comment Line: 837-3400
City of Midland website address: www.midland-mi.org
City of Midland email address: email@example.com
Government Information Center: located near the reference desk at the Grace A. Dow Memorial Library