MEETING OF THE
September 8, 2008 7:00 p.m.
CALL TO ORDER – Bruce A. Johnson, Mayor
PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE TO THE FLAG
ROLL CALL - Thomas W. Adams
Bruce A. Johnson
Hollis H. McKeag
Joseph M. Rokosz
CONSIDERATION OF ADOPTING CONSENT AGENDA ITEMS:
All resolutions marked with an asterisk are considered to be routine and will be enacted by one motion. There will be no separate consideration of these items unless a Council member or citizen so requests during the discussion stage of the “Motion to adopt the Consent Agenda as indicated”. If there is even a single request the item will be removed from the consent agenda without further motion and considered in its listed sequence in regular fashion.
Information on each agenda item is available by clicking on the number of the item.
APPROVAL OF MINUTES:
* 1. Approve minutes of August 25 City Council meeting. TISDALE
2. Request from Faulkner Construction Company to establish an Industrial Development District (Also see material sent in August 25 agenda packet). DUFORD
COMMENTS, IF ANY, BEFORE CITY COUNCIL.
(Please sign up with City Clerk before meeting). This is an opportunity for people to address
3. Receiving and filing a report on the 2009-10 Budget Roundtables. TISDALE
4. Receiving and filing the staff report on fuel economy and alternative fuels in relation to city vehicles and equipment. MURPHY
5. Authorizing execution of the First Amendment to the Water Service Agreement with Water District No. 1 of Midland County. DUSO
* 6. Making appointment to the Downtown Development Authority. BAKER
* 7. Authorizing the sale of surplus city equipment at the annual auction on September 20, 2008. MURPHY
8. Accepting donation from Fast Ice for improvements at the Midland Civic Arena. POST
9. Considering purchases and contracts:
* a. Snow and Ice Control Salt. MURPHY
* b. Unleaded fuel purchase from August 27 (4/5 vote required). MURPHY
TO CONTACT THE CITY WITH QUESTIONS OR FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:
Citizen Comment Line: 837-3400