MEETING OF THE
September 15, 2008 7:00 p.m.
CALL TO ORDER – Bruce A. Johnson, Mayor
PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE TO THE FLAG
ROLL CALL - Thomas W. Adams
Bruce A. Johnson
Hollis H. McKeag
Joseph M. Rokosz
CONSIDERATION OF ADOPTING CONSENT AGENDA ITEMS:
All resolutions marked with an asterisk are considered to be routine and will be enacted by one motion. There will be no separate consideration of these items unless a Council member or citizen so requests during the discussion stage of the “Motion to adopt the Consent Agenda as indicated”. If there is even a single request the item will be removed from the consent agenda without further motion and considered in its listed sequence in regular fashion.
Information on each agenda item is available by clicking on the number of the item.
APPROVAL OF MINUTES:
* 1. Approve minutes of September 8 regular City Council meeting. TISDALE
PROCLAMATIONS, AWARDS, RECOGNITIONS, PRESENTATIONS:
2. Constitution Week – September 17 – 23. RICHART
3. Fire Prevention Week – October 5 – 11. GARCIA
4. Presentation by Bill Moneypenny, CEO of MidMichigan Innovation Center. DUSO
5. Zoning Petition No. 553 – Rapanos Enterprises – to rezone property at 102 Fast Ice Drive from Agricultural and Regional Commercial to Limited Commercial, Manufacturing and Research (LCMR) zoning district (Also see material sent in August 25 agenda packet). BAKER
COMMENTS, IF ANY, BEFORE CITY COUNCIL.
(Please sign up with City Clerk before meeting). This is an opportunity for people to address
6. Approving Site Plan: BAKER
a. No. 285 – Columbia Pipe & Supply – for a 49,752 square foot building located at 102 Fast Ice Drive on 5.55 acres.
* b. No. 286 – Residence Inn – for a 74,889 square foot hotel located at 6295 T Moore Drive on 3.33 acres.
* 7. Establishing the 2009 regular meeting dates for the Midland City Council. DUSO
8. Considering purchases and contracts:
* a. Diesel Fuel Purchase from September 4 (4/5 vote required). MURPHY
b. 2008 Goldenwood and Hedgewood Street Closures; Contract No. 13. MCMANUS
c. Fleet Management Consultant Services from Mercury Associates, Inc. MURPHY
d. Increase Amount of Golf Course Purchase Orders: IRELAND
* 1. P. O. #27330 to Foster Oil Company
* 2. P. O. #27895 to Turfgrass, Inc.
9. Setting a public hearing:
* a. Amendment to the 2008-09 City budgets and financial working plans to provide funding for June 30, 2008 encumbrances (10/13). KEENAN
* b. Amendment to the 2008-09 General Fund budget to provide funding to the Debt Service Fund to pay the 2008-09 debt service requirements for the 2008 judgment bonds (10/13). KEENAN
* c. Amendment to the 2008-09 Downtown Development Authority fund budget for MVCC Limited Partnership (Ashman Court) tax appeal refund (10/13). BAKER
TO CONTACT THE CITY WITH QUESTIONS OR FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:
Citizen Comment Line: 837-3400