REGULAR MEETING OF THE MIDLAND CITY COUNCIL
City Hall, 333 W. Ellsworth Street, Midland, Michigan
November 10, 2008 7:00 p.m.
CALL TO ORDER – Bruce A. Johnson, Mayor
PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE TO THE FLAG
ROLL CALL - Thomas W. Adams
Bruce A. Johnson
Hollis H. McKeag
Joseph M. Rokosz
CONSIDERATION OF ADOPTING CONSENT AGENDA ITEMS:
All resolutions marked with an asterisk are considered to be routine and will be enacted by one motion. There will be no separate consideration of these items unless a Council member or citizen so requests during the discussion stage of the “Motion to adopt the Consent Agenda as indicated”. If there is even a single request the item will be removed from the consent agenda without further motion and considered in its listed sequence in regular fashion.
Information on each agenda item is available by clicking on the number of the item.
APPROVAL OF MINUTES:
* 1. Approve minutes of October 27 regular City Council meeting. TISDALE
PROCLAMATIONS, AWARDS, RECOGNITIONS, PRESENTATIONS:
2. Recognition of the Loss Control Achievement Award presented to the City of Midland by the MML Workers Compensation Fund. PETERSON
3. Michigan Department of Transportation Presentation and Resolution Receiving MDOT’s Report Regarding a Grant Application to Improve the Intersection of Eastman Avenue and Saginaw Road. MCMANUS
4. Request by Midland Equities, LLC, 215 Fast Ice Drive, to establish an Industrial Development District (Also see material sent in October 27 agenda packet). DUFORD
PUBLIC COMMENTS, IF ANY, BEFORE CITY COUNCIL. (Please sign
up with City Clerk before meeting). This
is an opportunity for people to address the
5. Second reading and adoption of amendments to the Code of Ordinances – Enhanced Access to Public Records: FOISY
a. Amendment to Chapter 7
b. Amendment to Article XII, Section 21-160 of Chapter 21
* 6. Approving Liquor Control Commission resolution on the request from the Artful Dodger Brewing Company for a new Class C license and Brewpub license in conjunction with Dance-Entertainment Permit to be located at 114 E. Main. DUSO
* 7. Receiving and filing the Saginaw-Midland Municipal Water Supply Corporation Finance Statements. BUSH
* 8. Reappointing Carl Coons to the Saginaw-Midland Municipal Water Supply Corporation Board of Trustees for a term expiring December 31, 2014. BUSH
* 9. Accepting the resignation of Donald Deibert from the West Main Street Historic District Commission. POPRAVE
10. Making Traffic Control Orders permanent: MAKI
* a. P-08-28 – that parking shall be prohibited on the north side of Eastlawn Dr. for 120’ west of Bayliss St. and on both sides of Eastlawn Dr. for 120’ east of Bayliss St. and that TCO P-06-18 shall be rescinded.
* b. P-08-29 – that parking shall be prohibited on Bayliss St. for 150’ from Eastlawn Dr.
* c. P-08-30 – that parking shall be prohibited on Northgate Dr. for 100’ from Jefferson Ave.
* d. S-08-05 – that George St. shall stop for State St.
11. Consideration of purchases and contracts:
* a. Increase PO #28408 to Schaefer Systems International for refuse and yard waste carts. MURPHY
b. Purchase of hockey shop inventory items to be sold at the Midland Civic Arena: IRELAND
* 1. Increase PO #27724 to Easton Sports, Inc.
* 2. Increase PO #26974 to Nike Bauer Hockey USA
* c. Increase PO #27805 to Miller Canfield Paddock and Stone for legal services associated with the gas to energy system at the Landfill. BUSH
TO CONTACT THE CITY WITH QUESTIONS OR FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:
Citizen Comment Line: 837-3400
City of Midland website address: www.midland-mi.org
City of Midland email address: email@example.com
Government Information Center: located near the reference desk at the Grace A. Dow Memorial Library