MEETING OF THE
January 12, 2009 7:00 p.m.
CALL TO ORDER – Bruce A. Johnson, Mayor
PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE TO THE FLAG
ROLL CALL - Thomas W. Adams
Bruce A. Johnson
Hollis H. McKeag
Joseph M. Rokosz
CONSIDERATION OF ADOPTING CONSENT AGENDA ITEMS:
All resolutions marked with an asterisk are considered to be routine and will be enacted by one motion. There will be no separate consideration of these items unless a Council member or citizen so requests during the discussion stage of the “Motion to adopt the Consent Agenda as indicated”. If there is even a single request the item will be removed from the consent agenda without further motion and considered in its listed sequence in regular fashion.
Information on each agenda item is available by clicking on the number of the item.
APPROVAL OF MINUTES:
* 1. Approve minutes of December 15, 2008 regular City Council meeting. TISDALE
2. Zoning Petition No. 556 – Ieuter Insurance – to rezone property at 404, 408 and 414 Townsend Street from Office Service to Downtown zoning district (Also see material sent in December 15, 2008 agenda packet). BAKER
3. Amendment to the 2008-09 General Fund budget to recognize revenue awarded from the Federal Emergency Management Agency’s, U.S. Fire Administration, 2008 Assistance to Fire Fighters Grant Program and to provide an appropriation for expenses to purchase fire fighting equipment, conduct training and make fire station improvements (Also see material sent in December 15, 2008 agenda packet). GARCIA
COMMENTS, IF ANY, BEFORE CITY COUNCIL.
(Please sign up with City Clerk before meeting). This is an opportunity for people to address
* 4. Accepting a Warranty Deed for Corporation from R. I. Hospitality, LLC for a 12’ wide strip of property on the west side of T. Moore Drive. MCMANUS
* 5. Approving the third amendment to the Homer Township Water Service Agreement and authorizing execution of said amendment. DUSO
* 6. Approving annexation request for property located at 5217 Isabella Street. BAKER
* 7. Re-electing Jon Lynch and Margaret Riecker to serve four-year terms as commissioners of the City and County of Midland Joint Building Authority. KEENAN
* 8. Adopting the MDOT Performance Resolution for Governmental Agencies as part of the MDOT permit process for obtaining access of State Rights-of-Way in the City of Midland. MAKI
* 9. Receiving and filing quarterly financial statements of the City of Midland for the quarter ending September 30, 2008. KEENAN
* 10. Recognizing the organization Reaching Our Community Kids as a non-profit organization in the community for the purpose of registering with the Charitable Gaming Division of the Michigan Lottery. DUSO
11. Considering purchases and contracts:
* a. Diesel Fuel Purchase on December 16, 2008 (4/5 vote required). MURPHY
* b. Natural Gas Purchase for January – April 2009 (4/5 vote required). MEYER
TO CONTACT THE CITY WITH QUESTIONS OR FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:
Citizen Comment Line: 837-3400