MEETING OF THE
February 16, 2009 7:00 p.m.
CALL TO ORDER – Bruce A. Johnson, Mayor
PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE TO THE FLAG
ROLL CALL - Thomas W. Adams
Bruce A. Johnson
Hollis H. McKeag
Joseph M. Rokosz
CONSIDERATION OF ADOPTING CONSENT AGENDA ITEMS:
All resolutions marked with an asterisk are considered to be routine and will be enacted by one motion. There will be no separate consideration of these items unless a Council member or citizen so requests during the discussion stage of the “Motion to adopt the Consent Agenda as indicated”. If there is even a single request the item will be removed from the consent agenda without further motion and considered in its listed sequence in regular fashion.
Information on each agenda item is available by clicking on the number of the item.
APPROVAL OF MINUTES:
* 1. Approve minutes of January 26 regular City Council meeting. TISDALE
COMMENTS, IF ANY, BEFORE CITY COUNCIL.
(Please sign up with City Clerk before meeting). This is an opportunity for people to address
2. Approving Site Plan No. 287 – Smith-Miner Funeral Home – for a 9,216 square foot funeral home located at 2700 W. Wackerly Street on 2.4 acres. BAKER
3. Approving Purchase Agreement for the sale of property located at 1501 Elizabeth Street (4/5 vote required). BAKER
* 4. Approving request by Midland Cogeneration Venture, LP to revise Industrial Facilities Tax Exemption Certificate No. 2008-039. DUFORD
5. Making Traffic Control Orders Permanent: MAKI
* a. P-08-33 – that parking shall be prohibited in the cul-de-sac located at the end of Hedgewood Drive.
* b. P-08-34 – that parking shall be prohibited in the cul-de-sac located at the end of Goldenwood Drive.
* c. S-08-07 – that Ted Doan Drive shall stop for T. Moore Drive.
* d. S-08-08 – that Ted Doan Drive shall stop for Jefferson Avenue.
* e. S-08-09 – that Alan Ott Drive shall stop for Joe Mann Boulevard.
6. Considering purchases and contracts:
a. Professional Services Contract with Crescent Consulting for Planning Consulting Services. BAKER
b. Increase Purchase Orders for Vehicle Maintenance Supplies: MURPHY
* 1. PO #27074 – Belle Tire
* 2. PO #27118 – GCR Firestone
* 3. PO #27189 – NBC Truck Equipment
* 4. PO #27253 – Wieland Sales
c. Installation of Aboveground Fuel Tank at Jack Barstow Municipal Airport: MAKI
* 1. MDOT Contract No. 2008-0252
* 2. Design Services Agreement with Mead & Hunt, Inc.
7. Setting a public hearing:
* a. Consideration of revisions to the Zoning Ordinance No. 1585 (3/9). BAKER
* b. 2009 Sandow Area Sanitary Sewer Improvement Special Assessment District Hearing of Necessity (3/9). MCMANUS
TO CONTACT THE CITY WITH QUESTIONS OR FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:
Citizen Comment Line: 837-3400