REGULAR MEETING OF THE MIDLAND CITY COUNCIL
City Hall, 333 W. Ellsworth Street, Midland, Michigan
March 9, 2009 7:00 p.m.
CALL TO ORDER – Bruce A. Johnson, Mayor
PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE TO THE FLAG
ROLL CALL - Thomas W. Adams
Bruce A. Johnson
Hollis H. McKeag
Joseph M. Rokosz
CONSIDERATION OF ADOPTING CONSENT AGENDA ITEMS:
All resolutions marked with an asterisk are considered to be routine and will be enacted by one motion. There will be no separate consideration of these items unless a Council member or citizen so requests during the discussion stage of the “Motion to adopt the Consent Agenda as indicated”. If there is even a single request the item will be removed from the consent agenda without further motion and considered in its listed sequence in regular fashion.
Information on each agenda item is available by clicking on the number of the item.
APPROVAL OF MINUTES:
* 1. Approve minutes of February 23 special and regular and March 4 special City Council meetings. TISDALE
2. Adopting revisions of the City of Midland Zoning Ordinance No. 1585 (Also see material sent in February 16 agenda packet). BAKER
3. 2009 Sandow Area Sanitary Sewer Improvement:
a. Hold Public Hearing of Necessity (Also see material sent in February 16 agenda packet). MCMANUS
b. Resolution accepting the Special Assessment Roll for the Special Assessment District and setting a public hearing on the Roll (3/23). DUFORD
PUBLIC COMMENTS, IF ANY, BEFORE CITY COUNCIL. (Please sign
up with City Clerk before meeting). This
is an opportunity for people to address the
4. Introduction and first reading of ordinance amendments: DUSO
a. Sec. 21-70 of Div. 1 of Article II of Chapter 21 – Civic Arena fees.
b. Sec. 21-71 of Div. 2 of Article II of Chapter 21 – Golf Course fees.
5. Accepting an Easement Agreement for public water mains on private property: MCMANUS
* a. From Alpine Midland, LLC at the SpringHill Suites site on T. Moore Drive.
* b. From Hotel Holdings Cinema, LLC at the Holiday Inn site on Cinema Drive.
* 6. Directing the City Manager to prepare a preliminary report for a Special Assessment District under the Shopping Area Redevelopment Act in the Shopping Area Redevelopment District (Downtown). KULICK
7. Directing the City Manager to prepare a report on the 2009 Sidewalk Improvement Program. MCMANUS
* 8. Approving the annexation request from Benjamin and Amanda Swinson for property located at 7412 N. Perrine Road. BAKER
* 9. Approving revisions to the Parks Rules and Regulations. DUSO
10. Considering purchases and contracts:
* a. MDOT Cost Agreements for Traffic Signal Control. MCMANUS
* b. Concrete and Masonry Repairs – Main Pump House: Phase I – Wastewater. BUSH
* c. Concrete and Masonry Repairs Engineering: Phase II - Wastewater. BUSH
11. Setting a public hearing:
* a. Zoning Petition No. 557 – to rezone property at 6500 and 6501 Airport Road from Lincoln Township zoning to Limited Commercial, Manufacturing and Research (LCMR) zoning district (4/13). BAKER
* b. Zoning Petition No. 559 – to rezone property at 8506 Sturgeon Avenue from Larkin Township zoning to Residential A-1 zoning district (4/13). BAKER
* c. Zoning Petition No. 560 – to rezone property at 4674 E. Wheeler Road from Midland Township zoning to Agricultural zoning district (4/13). BAKER
* d. Zoning Text Amendment No. 148A - to increase the additional permitted uses by right to Article 22 – Limited Commercial, Manufacturing and Research (LCMR) zoning district (4/13). BAKER
TO CONTACT THE CITY WITH QUESTIONS OR FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:
Citizen Comment Line: 837-3400
City of Midland website address: www.midland-mi.org
City of Midland email address: email@example.com
Government Information Center: located near the reference desk at the Grace A. Dow Memorial Library