REGULAR MEETING OF THE MIDLAND CITY COUNCIL
City Hall, 333 W. Ellsworth Street, Midland, Michigan
April 27, 2009 7:00 p.m.
CALL TO ORDER – Bruce A. Johnson, Mayor
PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE TO THE FLAG
ROLL CALL - Thomas W. Adams
Bruce A. Johnson
Hollis H. McKeag
Joseph M. Rokosz
CONSIDERATION OF ADOPTING CONSENT AGENDA ITEMS:
All resolutions marked with an asterisk are considered to be routine and will be enacted by one motion. There will be no separate consideration of these items unless a Council member or citizen so requests during the discussion stage of the “Motion to adopt the Consent Agenda as indicated”. If there is even a single request the item will be removed from the consent agenda without further motion and considered in its listed sequence in regular fashion.
Information on each agenda item is available by clicking on the number of the item.
APPROVAL OF MINUTES:
* 1. Approve minutes of April 13 regular, April 14 special and April 20 special City Council meetings. TISDALE
2. 2009 Downtown Economic Revitalization Public Improvement Special Assessment District: DUFORD
a. Public Hearing of Necessity (Also see material sent in March 23 agenda packet).
b. Resolution accepting the Special Assessment Roll and setting a public hearing on the Roll (5/11).
3. City Manager’s Proposed 2009-10 Budget (Also see material sent in April 13 agenda packet). KEENAN
4. Amendment to the budgets and financial working plans for the 2008-09 fiscal year (Also see material sent in April 13 agenda packet). KEENAN
PUBLIC COMMENTS, IF ANY, BEFORE CITY COUNCIL. (Please sign
up with City Clerk before meeting). This
is an opportunity for people to address the
5. Introduction and first reading of an ordinance to amend Section 21-130 of Article VIII of Chapter 21 of the Midland Code of Ordinances regarding penalties for parking violations. BRANSON
* 6. Approving Site Plan No. 288 – a 14,152 square foot addition to Arnold Center located at 400 Wexford Avenue. BAKER
7. Landfill Gas to Energy Project: BUSH
a. Authorizing and directing City staff to initiate the application process for State Revolving Fund financing.
b. Authorizing and directing the City Clerk to publish a notice of intent to issue Bonds related to the financing of said Project.
c. Setting a public hearing on the plan detailing the proposed project (6/8).
d. Increasing Purchase Orders to CTI & Associates for engineering assistance and to Miller, Canfield, Paddock & Stone, P.L.C. for legal assistance.
* 8. Approving the Fourth Amendment to the Homer Township Water Service Agreement to provide an exception for connection size for the new Pinecrest Adult Foster Care Facility. DUSO
* 9. Accepting Easement Agreements from Greater Midland Community Centers, Inc. for public water mains and sewers on private property at the Midland Community Center site on Jefferson Avenue. MCMANUS
* 10. Receiving and filing the 2008 Annual Drinking Water Quality Report. BUSH
* 11. Authorizing the sale at public auction on May 2, 2009, of unclaimed personal property being held by the Police Department and other departmental surplus items. MEYER
* 12. Authorizing the City Treasurer to open a new checking account for the Currie Municipal Golf Course. KEENAN
* 13. Approving request to conduct a “Walk for the Animals” event on October 3. DUSO
14. Considering purchases and contracts:
* a. 2009 Pavement Marking Program; Contract No. 16. MCMANUS
* b. 2009 Sandow Area Sanitary Sewers and Street Reconstruction; Contract No. 1. MCMANUS
* c. 2009 Surface Treatment & Crack Sealing Program; Contract No. 4. MCMANUS
* d. Enhanced GIS Access Agreement between City of Midland and Midland Public School District. FOISY
* e. Diesel Fuel Purchase from April 14 (4/5 vote required). MURPHY
* f. Crushed Limestone. MURPHY
* g. Concrete and Related Materials. MURPHY
* h. Bituminous Materials. MURPHY
15. Setting a public hearing:
* a. Conditional Use Permit No. 34 – for a two-unit residential dwelling in an Office Service zoning district at 1804 Harcrest Drive on 0.37 acres (5/18). BAKER
* b. Proposed 2009-10 Community Development Block Grant budget (5/11). BAKER
TO CONTACT THE CITY WITH QUESTIONS OR FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:
Citizen Comment Line: 837-3400
City of Midland website address: www.midland-mi.org
City of Midland email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Government Information Center: located near the reference desk at the Grace A. Dow Memorial Library