REGULAR MEETING OF THE MIDLAND CITY COUNCIL
City Hall, 333 W. Ellsworth Street, Midland, Michigan
May 11, 2009 7:00 p.m.
CALL TO ORDER – Bruce A. Johnson, Mayor
PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE TO THE FLAG
ROLL CALL - Thomas W. Adams
Bruce A. Johnson
Hollis H. McKeag
Joseph M. Rokosz
CONSIDERATION OF ADOPTING CONSENT AGENDA ITEMS:
All resolutions marked with an asterisk are considered to be routine and will be enacted by one motion. There will be no separate consideration of these items unless a Council member or citizen so requests during the discussion stage of the “Motion to adopt the Consent Agenda as indicated”. If there is even a single request the item will be removed from the consent agenda without further motion and considered in its listed sequence in regular fashion.
Information on each agenda item is available by clicking on the number of the item.
APPROVAL OF MINUTES:
* 1. Approve minutes of April 27 regular City Council meeting. TISDALE
PROCLAMATIONS, AWARDS, RECOGNITIONS, PRESENTATIONS:
2. Midland Lions Club Day – May 19. RICHART
3. Midland Blooms Day – May 30. RICHART
4. City Manager’s Proposed 2009-10 Budget (Also see material sent in April 27 agenda packet). KEENAN
5. 2009 Downtown Economic Revitalization Public Improvement Special Assessment District Special Assessment Roll (Also see material sent in April 27 agenda packet). DUFORD
6. 2009 Sidewalk Improvement Program Hearing of Necessity and resolution directing the City Assessor to prepare an assessment roll (Also see material sent in April 13 agenda packet). MCMANUS
7. 2009-10 Community Development Block Grant Budget (Also see material sent in April 27 agenda packet). BAKER
PUBLIC COMMENTS, IF ANY, BEFORE CITY COUNCIL.
(Please sign up with City Clerk before meeting). This is an opportunity for people to address
8. Second reading and adoption of an ordinance to amend Section 21-130 of Article VIII of Chapter 21 of the Midland Code of Ordinances regarding penalties for parking violations. BRANSON
9. Introduction and first reading of ordinances amending fees for recreation programs: MURPHY
a. Sec. 21-72 of Div. 3 of Article II of Chapter 21 – Swimming Pool Fees.
b. Sec. 21-73 of Div. 4 of Article II of Chapter 21 – General Recreation Fees.
10. Expressing the City of Midland’s support for a new Renaissance Zone for The Dow Chemical Company. DUSO
11. Approving Site Plans: BAKER
* a. No. 289 – NPS Investors, LLC - for a 21,138 square foot medical office building located at 501 Fast Ice Drive.
b. No. 290 – The Macomb Group – for a 9,064 square foot expansion of a pipe supply warehouse located at 3137 S. Saginaw Road.
12. Acknowledging the grant of $1500 to MCTV from the Michigan Baseball Foundation. BEACOM
* 13. Providing the City Council with a copy of the Recovery Act: Edward Byrne Memorial Justice Assistance Grant Application for review. LADWIG
* 14. Authorizing execution of a Memorandum of Agreement with the FAA for operations and maintenance of an automated weather observation system at Jack Barstow Municipal Airport. MCMANUS
15. Making Traffic Control Orders permanent: MCMANUS
* a. S-09-02 – that Kentwood Drive shall yield to Corrine Street and that TCO S-84-03 shall be rescinded.
* b. S-09-03 – that 5th Street shall yield to Grove Street.
* c. S-09-04 – that northbound Jefferson Avenue shall yield to the Jefferson Crossover.
* 16. Approving request from the Midland Community Center for use of Central Park for an Outdoor Family Campout on June 19 and 20. DUSO
17. Considering purchases and contracts:
* b. 2009 Local Street Reconstruction; Contract No. 2. MCMANUS
TO CONTACT THE CITY WITH QUESTIONS OR FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:
Citizen Comment Line: 837-3400
City of Midland website address: www.midland-mi.org
City of Midland email address: email@example.com
Government Information Center: located near the reference desk at the Grace A. Dow Memorial Library