MEETING OF THE
May 18, 2009 7:00 p.m.
CALL TO ORDER – Bruce A. Johnson, Mayor
PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE TO THE FLAG
ROLL CALL - Thomas W. Adams
Bruce A. Johnson
Hollis H. McKeag
Joseph M. Rokosz
CONSIDERATION OF ADOPTING CONSENT AGENDA ITEMS:
All resolutions marked with an asterisk are considered to be routine and will be enacted by one motion. There will be no separate consideration of these items unless a Council member or citizen so requests during the discussion stage of the “Motion to adopt the Consent Agenda as indicated”. If there is even a single request the item will be removed from the consent agenda without further motion and considered in its listed sequence in regular fashion.
Information on each agenda item is available by clicking on the number of the item.
APPROVAL OF MINUTES:
* 1. Approve minutes of May 4 special and May 11 regular City Council meetings. TISDALE
PROCLAMATIONS, AWARDS, RECOGNITIONS, PRESENTATIONS:
2. Recognition of 21 elementary and middle school children for outstanding work in creating posters for the 2009 Make Midland Beautiful Art Celebration. YUERGENS
3. Conditional Use Permit No. 34 – for a two-unit residential dwelling in an Office Service zoning district at 1804 Harcrest Drive on 0.37 acres (Also see material sent in April 27 agenda packet). BAKER
COMMENTS, IF ANY, BEFORE CITY COUNCIL.
(Please sign up with City Clerk before meeting). This is an opportunity for people to address
4. Second reading and adoption of ordinances amending fees for recreation programs: MURPHY
a. Sec. 21-72 of Div. 3 of Article II of Chapter 21 – Swimming Pool Fees.
b. Sec. 21-73 of Div. 4 of Article II of Chapter 21 – General Recreation Fees.
5. Adopting the City Manager’s Proposed 2009-2010 Budget. KEENAN
* 6. Approving the proposed 2009-2010 Saginaw-Midland Municipal Water Supply Corporation budget for the Capital Improvement and Emergency Repair Fund. BUSH
* 7. Naming the City Manager as Transportation Coordinator and stating the City’s intentions to provide public transportation services and apply for Federal and State Financial Assistance. MURPHY
* 8. Approving completion of Nathaniel Woodruff’s current term and resignation from his next term on the Aviation Advisory Commission (4/5 vote required). MCMANUS
* 9. Accepting Stuart Bergstein’s resignation from the Aviation Advisory Commission. MCMANUS
* 10. Recognizing Midland County Project D.A.R.E., Inc. as a non-profit organization in the community for the purpose of registering with the Charitable Gaming Division of the Michigan Lottery. DUSO
11. Considering purchases and contracts:
* a. Standby Emergency Generator. GARCIA
* b. Diesel Fuel purchased on May 8 (4/5 vote required). MURPHY
* c. Unleaded Fuel purchased on May 8 (4/5 vote required). MURPHY
* d. GIS Enhanced Access Agreement between the City of Midland and the United States Postal Service Greater Michigan District. FOISY
* e. Auditing Services. KEENAN
* f. Fleet Utilization and Vehicle Replacement Study. MURPHY
TO CONTACT THE CITY WITH QUESTIONS OR FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:
Citizen Comment Line: 837-3400