MEETING OF THE
June 22, 2009 7:00 p.m.
CALL TO ORDER – Bruce A. Johnson, Mayor
PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE TO THE FLAG
ROLL CALL - Thomas W. Adams
Bruce A. Johnson
Hollis H. McKeag
Joseph M. Rokosz
CONSIDERATION OF ADOPTING CONSENT AGENDA ITEMS:
All resolutions marked with an asterisk are considered to be routine and will be enacted by one motion. There will be no separate consideration of these items unless a Council member or citizen so requests during the discussion stage of the “Motion to adopt the Consent Agenda as indicated”. If there is even a single request the item will be removed from the consent agenda without further motion and considered in its listed sequence in regular fashion.
Information on each agenda item is available by clicking on the number of the item.
APPROVAL OF MINUTES:
* 1. Approve minutes of June 8 regular City Council meeting. TISDALE
2. Amendment to the 2009-2010 Community Development Block Grant Budget to reflect the additional funding from the “American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009” (Also see material sent in June 8 agenda packet). BAKER
COMMENTS, IF ANY, BEFORE CITY COUNCIL.
(Please sign up with City Clerk before meeting). This is an opportunity for people to address
3. Second reading and adoption of an ordinance amendment: BUSH
a. Sec. 28-52 of Division 3 of Article II of Chapter 28 – Water Rates.
b. Sec. 28-163 of Division 3 of Article III of Chapter 28 – Sewer Rates.
4. Pledging City support for a World Softball Tournament being sought by the Midland Explorers Booster Club. MURPHY
5. Approving Final Project Plan for the Landfill Gas to Energy Project. BUSH
* 6. Approving Second Amendment to the Water District No. 1 of Midland County Water Service Agreement. DUSO
7. Making appointments to: TISDALE
a. Parks and Recreation Commission
b. Library Board
c. Planning Commission
* 8. Reappointing Donna Swain to the Dial-A-Ride Commission. TISDALE
* 9. Recognizing The Thomas and Marabeth Hofelich Foundation as a non-profit organization in the community for the purpose of registering with the Charitable Gaming Division of the Michigan Lottery. DUSO
* 10. Approving request to close a portion of Main Street on Monday evenings during July and August to hold a Farmers Market. DUSO
* 11. Approving request from MDA to allow the Midland City Fire Department to participate in the Fill the Boot Campaign on July 3, utilizing the public right-of-way. DUSO
12. Considering purchases and contracts:
* a. Diesel Fuel Purchase of June 4 (4/5 vote required). MURPHY
* b. Two Residential Refuse Trucks (4/5 vote required). MURPHY
* c. Increase to Equipment Maintenance Purchase Order – Landfill. BUSH
* d. Water Utility Infrastructure Development Project (4/5 vote required). BUSH
* e. Agreement with Saginaw Bay Southern Railway Company for track maintenance. MCMANUS
* f. Agreement to Lease Golf Carts (4/5 vote required). DUSO
TO CONTACT THE CITY WITH QUESTIONS OR FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:
Citizen Comment Line: 837-3400