REGULAR MEETING OF THE MIDLAND CITY COUNCIL
September 14, 2009 7:00 p.m.
CALL TO ORDER – Bruce A. Johnson, Mayor
PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE TO THE FLAG
ROLL CALL - Thomas W. Adams
Bruce A. Johnson
Hollis H. McKeag
Joseph M. Rokosz
CONSIDERATION OF ADOPTING CONSENT AGENDA ITEMS:
All resolutions marked with an asterisk are considered to be routine and will be enacted by one motion. There will be no separate consideration of these items unless a Council member or citizen so requests during the discussion stage of the “Motion to adopt the Consent Agenda as indicated”. If there is even a single request the item will be removed from the consent agenda without further motion and considered in its listed sequence in regular fashion.
Information on each agenda item is available by clicking on the number of the item.
APPROVAL OF MINUTES:
* 1. Approve minutes of August 24 regular City Council meeting. TISDALE
COMMENTS, IF ANY, BEFORE CITY COUNCIL.
(Please sign up with City Clerk before meeting). This is an opportunity for people to address
2. Approving the negotiated contract settlement between the City of Midland and the United Steelworkers of America, Local 14009. WHITTINGTON
* 3. Authorizing the sale of surplus city equipment at the annual auction on September 19, 2009. MURPHY
4. Making Traffic Control Orders Permanent: MCMANUS
* a. R-09-02 – that the speed limit of Ted Doan Drive shall be 35 mph
* b. R-09-03 – that the speed limit of Alan Ott Drive shall be 30 mph
* 5. Approving request from the Midland Evangelical Free Church to use the Farmers Market area on October 31, utilizing amplified sound. DUSO
6. Considering purchases and contracts:
* a. Diesel Fuel Purchase on August 19 (4/5 vote required). MURPHY
* b. Unleaded Fuel Purchase on September 2 (4/5 vote required). MURPHY
* c. Residential Refuse and Yard Waste Carts. MURPHY
* d. MDOT State Trunkline Highway Maintenance Contract #2009-0337. MURPHY
* e. 2009 Saginaw Road Resurfacing; Contract No. 5. MCMANUS
* 7. Setting a public hearing to amend the 2009-10 City budgets and financial working plans to provide funding for the June 30, 2009 encumbrances (10/5). KEENAN
TO CONTACT THE CITY WITH QUESTIONS OR FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:
Citizen Comment Line: 837-3400