MEETING OF THE
September 21, 2009 7:00 p.m.
CALL TO ORDER – Bruce A. Johnson, Mayor
PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE TO THE FLAG
ROLL CALL - Thomas W. Adams
Bruce A. Johnson
Hollis H. McKeag
Joseph M. Rokosz
CONSIDERATION OF ADOPTING CONSENT AGENDA ITEMS:
All resolutions marked with an asterisk are considered to be routine and will be enacted by one motion. There will be no separate consideration of these items unless a Council member or citizen so requests during the discussion stage of the “Motion to adopt the Consent Agenda as indicated”. If there is even a single request the item will be removed from the consent agenda without further motion and considered in its listed sequence in regular fashion.
Information on each agenda item is available by clicking on the number of the item.
APPROVAL OF MINUTES:
* 1. Approve minutes of September 14 regular City Council meeting. TISDALE
PROCLAMATIONS, AWARDS, RECOGNITIONS, PRESENTATIONS:
2. Fire Prevention Week – October 4 – 10. GARCIA
3. Request to vacate the walkway between 123 and 127 W. Nelson St. and 128 and 202 Helen St. (Also see material sent in August 10 agenda packet). BAKER
COMMENTS, IF ANY, BEFORE CITY COUNCIL.
(Please sign up with City Clerk before meeting). This is an opportunity for people to address
* 4. Approving a one-year time extension for a conditional use permit and site plan to allow a 3,494 sq. ft. automobile filling station with a drive up window in a Regional Commercial district at 6801 Jefferson Avenue on 1.8 acres. BAKER
* 5. Accepting an Easement Agreement for public water mains on private property at the Bell Plaza site on Wackerly Street. MCMANUS
6. Authorizing execution of a revision to a CDBG Subrecipient Agreement with Cleveland Manor. BAKER
* 7. Establishing the 2010 regular meeting dates for the Midland City Council. DUSO
* 8. Making Traffic Control Order S-09-06 permanent – that Goldenwood Drive shall stop for Amberwood Court. MCMANUS
9. Considering purchases and contracts:
* a. Engineering Assistance for an Industrial Pretreatment Program – Wastewater. BUSH
* b. Chemical Feed System Improvements – Water Plant. BUSH
* c. Increase to Golf Course Chemicals Purchase Order. DUSO
* 10. Setting a public hearing on the proposal to amend the 2009-2010 Downtown Development Authority budget to appropriate $50,000 to fund the initiation of a retail incubator program to assist in the recruitment and establishment of businesses in downtown Midland (10/5). BAKER
TO CONTACT THE CITY WITH QUESTIONS OR FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:
Citizen Comment Line: 837-3400