MEETING OF THE
October 5, 2009 7:00 p.m.
CALL TO ORDER – Bruce A. Johnson, Mayor
PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE TO THE FLAG
ROLL CALL - Thomas W. Adams
Bruce A. Johnson
Hollis H. McKeag
Joseph M. Rokosz
CONSIDERATION OF ADOPTING CONSENT AGENDA ITEMS:
All resolutions marked with an asterisk are considered to be routine and will be enacted by one motion. There will be no separate consideration of these items unless a Council member or citizen so requests during the discussion stage of the “Motion to adopt the Consent Agenda as indicated”. If there is even a single request the item will be removed from the consent agenda without further motion and considered in its listed sequence in regular fashion.
Information on each agenda item is available by clicking on the number of the item.
APPROVAL OF MINUTES:
* 1. Approve minutes of September 21 regular City Council meeting. TISDALE
PROCLAMATIONS, AWARDS, RECOGNITIONS, PRESENTATIONS:
2. Invest in Abilities Month – October 2009. RICHART
3. Amendment to the 2009-2010 Downtown Development Authority budget to appropriate $50,000 to fund the initiation of a retail incubator program to assist in the recruitment and establishment of businesses in downtown Midland (Also see material sent in September 21 agenda packet). BAKER
4. Amendment to the 2009-2010 City budgets and financial working plans to provide funding for the June 30, 2009 encumbrances (Also see material sent in September 14 agenda packet). KEENAN
COMMENTS, IF ANY, BEFORE CITY COUNCIL.
(Please sign up with City Clerk before meeting). This is an opportunity for people to address
5. Introduction and first reading of an ordinance to provide payment in lieu of taxes (PILOTs) for the Affordable Housing Alliance (AHA). KEENAN
* 6. Approving a one-year time extension for Site Plan No. 267 to construct a 10,000 sq. ft. addition at 3600 Centennial Drive on 2.56 acres. BAKER
* 7. Approving the Fifth Amendment to the Homer Township Water Service Agreement. DUSO
* 8. Receiving and filing the 2008-2009 Library Board Annual Report to City Council. BARNARD
* 9. Making Traffic Control Order S-09-07 permanent – that Whiffletree Lane shall stop for Wackerly Street. MCMANUS
* 10. Approving request from H. H. Dow High School to conduct a Homecoming Parade on October 16 utilizing the public right-of-way. DUSO
11. Considering purchases and contracts:
* a. Diesel Fuel Purchase of September 15 (4/5 vote required). MURPHY
* b. Carbide Cutting Edges for Snow Plows. MURPHY
* c. Purchase of duplex located at 406-408 Eastlawn Drive. BAKER
d. Fuel Tank Installation at Jack Barstow Municipal Airport: MCMANUS
* 1. MDOT Contract No. FM 56-1-C39
* 2. Design Services Contract Amendment with Mead & Hunt, Inc.
e. Chemical Feed Systems Improvements at Water Treatment Plant: BUSH
* 1. Increase to Purchase Order for Engineering Service
* 2. Construction Engineering Services
* f. Aluminum Handrails – Wastewater Treatment Plant. BUSH
TO CONTACT THE CITY WITH QUESTIONS OR FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:
Citizen Comment Line: 837-3400