REGULAR MEETING OF THE MIDLAND CITY COUNCIL
City Hall, 333 W. Ellsworth Street, Midland, Michigan
November 23, 2009 7:00 p.m.
CALL TO ORDER – Maureen Donker, Mayor
PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE TO THE FLAG
Boy Scout Troop #763 – First Baptist Church
ROLL CALL - Thomas W. Adams
Scott G. Gaynor
Bruce A. Johnson
Marty A. Wazbinski
CONSIDERATION OF ADOPTING CONSENT AGENDA ITEMS:
All resolutions marked with an asterisk are considered to be routine and will be enacted by one motion. There will be no separate consideration of these items unless a Council member or citizen so requests during the discussion stage of the “Motion to adopt the Consent Agenda as indicated”. If there is even a single request the item will be removed from the consent agenda without further motion and considered in its listed sequence in regular fashion.
Information on each agenda item is available by clicking on the number of the item.
APPROVAL OF MINUTES:
* 1. Approve minutes of November 9 regular City Council meeting. TISDALE
PUBLIC COMMENTS, IF ANY, BEFORE CITY COUNCIL. (Please sign
up with City Clerk before meeting). This
is an opportunity for people to address the
2. Introduction and first reading of an ordinance to amend Section 21-71 of Division 2 of Article II of Chapter 21 of the Code of Ordinances - Golf Course Fees. DUSO
3. Receiving and filing the 2010-11 Budget Preparation Schedule. KEENAN
4. Landfill Gas-to-Energy Project: BUSH
a. Authorizing execution of the issuance of General Obligation Limited Tax Bond, Series 2010 in the principal sum of up to $10,000,000.
b. Executing contract for Gas Collection and Control System.
c. Executing contract for Gas Pipeline.
d. Executing contract for Compressor Building and Energy Plant.
e. Increasing Purchase Order to CTI & Assoc. for construction management and construction quality assurance.
5. Approving notification to Charter Communications of the City’s opposition to the changes in the location of Midland’s cable access channels and requesting reconsideration of said action. BEACOM
* 6. Authorizing updates to the City of Midland Section 125 Flexible Benefit Plan Document. WHITTINGTON
* 7. Receiving and filing the Audit of the City and County of Midland Joint Building Authority for the year ended June 30, 2009. KEENAN
* 8. Receiving and filing the 2008-09 Cable Access Advisory Commission Annual Report. BEACOM
9. Receiving and filing the review report on the boards and commissions appointment process. TISDALE
* 10. Reappointing Jenee Velasquez to the Brownfield Redevelopment Authority. DUSO
* 11. Appointing W. Douglas Thompson to the Downtown Development Authority. TISDALE
* 12. Making Traffic Control Order P-09-05 permanent – that parking shall be prohibited on the north side of Reardon Street located from 240 feet east of Ashman Street to a point 285 feet east of Ashman Street weekdays from 10:00 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. for the purpose of establishing a loading zone. MCMANUS
13. Considering purchases and contracts:
* a. Unleaded Fuel Purchase of November 4 (4/5 vote required). MURPHY
* b. Playground Equipment. MURPHY
* c. Increase to Purchase Order to Miller, Canfield, Paddock & Stone, P.L.C. for legal assistance during NPDES permit approval process. BUSH
14. Setting a public hearing:
* a. Conditional Use Permit No. 36 – a request of Daniel and Mary Spegel for a group daycare home (7 – 12 children) located at 5805 W. Wackerly St. in a Residential A-1 zoning district on 2.67 acres (12/21). BAKER
* b. Planned Unit Development No. 16 – property west of Abbott Road north of Betsey Drive and south of Alta Court – request to remove requirement to construct a 4’ wide sidewalk on Kitty Hawk Circle (12/21). BAKER
TO CONTACT THE CITY WITH QUESTIONS OR FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:
Citizen Comment Line: 837-3400
City of Midland website address: www.midland-mi.org
City of Midland email address: email@example.com
Government Information Center: located near the reference desk at the Grace A. Dow Memorial Library