MEETING OF THE
December 7, 2009 7:00 p.m.
CALL TO ORDER – Maureen Donker, Mayor
PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE TO THE FLAG
ROLL CALL - Thomas W. Adams
Scott G. Gaynor
Bruce A. Johnson
Marty A. Wazbinski
CONSIDERATION OF ADOPTING CONSENT AGENDA ITEMS:
All resolutions marked with an asterisk are considered to be routine and will be enacted by one motion. There will be no separate consideration of these items unless a Council member or citizen so requests during the discussion stage of the “Motion to adopt the Consent Agenda as indicated”. If there is even a single request the item will be removed from the consent agenda without further motion and considered in its listed sequence in regular fashion.
Information on each agenda item is available by clicking on the number of the item.
APPROVAL OF MINUTES:
* 1. Approve minutes of November 23 regular City Council meeting. TISDALE
COMMENTS, IF ANY, BEFORE CITY COUNCIL.
(Please sign up with City Clerk before meeting). This is an opportunity for people to address
2. Second reading and adoption of an ordinance to amend Section 21-71 of Division 2 of Article II of Chapter 21 of the Code of Ordinances – Golf Course Fees. DUSO
3. Receiving petitions and requests for capital projects and referring them to the Engineering Department for consideration of inclusion in the 2010 Construction Program: MCMANUS
a. Water Main on Waldo Avenue from Wheeler Street to north side of US-10
b. Sanitary Sewer on Waldo Avenue from Wheeler Street to north side of US-10
c. Non-Motorized Transportation Improvements on various city streets
d. Pedestrian Bridge across Saginaw Road at Eastlawn Drive
4. Approving a two-year extension of time for completion of sidewalk in: BAKER
a. City Forest Estates Subdivision No. 1
b. City Forest Estates Subdivision No. 2.
* 5. Receiving and filing the 2009 Construction Progress Report. MCMANUS
6. Notifying the Council of the filing of the 2009 Local Officers’ Compensation Commission Determinations and placing the 2009 LOCC Determinations on the December 21, 2009 City Council agenda for the purpose of hearing public comment. TISDALE
7. Recommending approval of the request to transfer ownership of a Class C licensed business with Dance-Entertainment Permit, located at 101 E. Main: DUSO
* a. From Grant Hamilton Group, LLC to Austin James, LLC with license to be held in escrow (Step 1)
* b. From Austin James, LLC to Schafer Hill Ventures, LLC, with existing outdoor service area which is located on the City of Midland’s sidewalk (Step 2)
* 8. Recognizing MidMichigan Medical Center-Midland Volunteers as a non-profit organization in the community for the purpose of registering with the Charitable Gaming Division of the Michigan Lottery. DUSO
* 9. Authorizing payment to Braun, Kendrick, Finkbeiner, P.L.C. for contracted legal services relating to the City’s defense in the Gordon Management Company (Eastlawn Arms) appeal to the Michigan Tax Tribunal. BRANSON
* 10. Setting a public hearing on Zoning Text Amendment No. 149A – to amend the City of Midland Zoning Ordinance Section 3.03 to further define permitting and foundation requirements for accessory structures in the City of Midland (1/11/10). BAKER
TO CONTACT THE CITY WITH QUESTIONS OR FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:
Citizen Comment Line: 837-3400