MEETING OF THE
January 11, 2010 7:00 p.m.
CALL TO ORDER – Maureen Donker, Mayor
PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE TO THE FLAG
ROLL CALL - Thomas W. Adams
Scott G. Gaynor
Bruce A. Johnson
Marty A. Wazbinski
CONSIDERATION OF ADOPTING CONSENT AGENDA ITEMS:
All resolutions marked with an asterisk are considered to be routine and will be enacted by one motion. There will be no separate consideration of these items unless a Council member or citizen so requests during the discussion stage of the “Motion to adopt the Consent Agenda as indicated”. If there is even a single request the item will be removed from the consent agenda without further motion and considered in its listed sequence in regular fashion.
Information on each agenda item is available by clicking on the number of the item.
APPROVAL OF MINUTES:
* 1. Approve minutes of December 21 regular City Council meeting. TISDALE
2. Zoning Petition No. 563 – Earl D. Bennett Construction – to conditionally rezone property at 204 Commerce Drive from Larkin Township to Residential B zoning classification (4/5 vote required). (Also see material sent in December 21 agenda packet). BAKER
3. Conditional Use Permit No. 37 – to consider a request of Mann Construction, Inc. for an A & W Restaurant (drive-in/drive-thru) located at 1514 Washington St. in a Regional Commercial zoning district on 1.37 acres (Also see material sent in December 21 agenda packet). BAKER
4. Zoning Text Amendment No. 149A – to amend the City of Midland Zoning Ordinance Section 3.03 to further define permitting and foundation requirements for accessory structures in the City of Midland (Also see material sent in December 7 agenda packet). BAKER
COMMENTS, IF ANY, BEFORE CITY COUNCIL.
(Please sign up with City Clerk before meeting). This is an opportunity for people to address
5. Second reading and adoption of ordinances amending fees for recreation programs: MURPHY
a. Sec. 21-72 of Div. 3 of Article II of Chapter 21 – Swimming Pool Fees.
b. Sec. 21-73 of Div. 4 of Article II of Chapter 21 – General Recreation Fees.
6. Describing the parcels included in the new Renaissance Zone for Dow Kokam MI, LLC, approving the Proposal for Creating a Michigan Strategic Fund Designated Renaissance Zone, and authorizing execution of the appropriate Development Agreement. DUSO
7. Authorizing Fast Ice, Inc. to install a security camera and recorder system at the Midland Civic Arena under the supervision of the Civic Arena Manager and expressing the City Council’s appreciation for the generous donation. DUSO
* 8. Accepting an Easement Agreement from Columbia Pipe and Supply Company for public water mains on private property at the Columbia Pipe site on Rockwell Drive at Fast Ice Drive. MCMANUS
* 9. Approving Diesel Fuel Purchase from December 22 (4/5 vote required). MURPHY
10. Setting a public hearing:
* a. Amendment to the 2009-10 General Fund Revenue Budget to recognize a gift of $350,000 from the Charles J. Strosacker Foundation to renovate Thrune Park and to increase expenditures to allow for construction of the project (1/25). MURPHY
* b. Amendment to the newly-created 2009-10 Renewable Energy Services Fund budget to increase revenues from Michigan State Revolving Loan proceeds by $10,000,000 and to increase appropriations for costs associated with the gas-to-energy system. (1/25). BUSH
TO CONTACT THE CITY WITH QUESTIONS OR FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:
Citizen Comment Line: 837-3400