MEETING OF THE
January 25, 2010 7:00 p.m.
CALL TO ORDER – Maureen Donker, Mayor
PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE TO THE FLAG
ROLL CALL - Thomas W. Adams
Scott G. Gaynor
Bruce A. Johnson
Marty A. Wazbinski
CONSIDERATION OF ADOPTING CONSENT AGENDA ITEMS:
All resolutions marked with an asterisk are considered to be routine and will be enacted by one motion. There will be no separate consideration of these items unless a Council member or citizen so requests during the discussion stage of the “Motion to adopt the Consent Agenda as indicated”. If there is even a single request the item will be removed from the consent agenda without further motion and considered in its listed sequence in regular fashion.
Information on each agenda item is available by clicking on the number of the item.
APPROVAL OF MINUTES:
* 1. Approve minutes of January 11 regular City Council meeting. TISDALE
PROCLAMATIONS, AWARDS, RECOGNITIONS, PRESENTATIONS:
2. LWV Making Democracy Work Day – February 14. RICHART
3. Amendment to the 2009-10 General Fund Revenue Budget to recognize a gift of $350,000 from the Charles J. Strosacker Foundation to renovate Thrune Park and to increase expenditures to allow for construction of the project (Also see material sent in January 11 agenda packet). MURPHY
4. Amendment to the newly-created 2009-10 Renewable Energy Services Fund Budget to increase revenues from Michigan State Revolving Loan proceeds by $10,000,000 and to increase appropriations for costs associated with the gas-to-energy system (Also see material sent in January 11 agenda packet). BUSH
COMMENTS, IF ANY, BEFORE CITY COUNCIL.
(Please sign up with City Clerk before meeting). This is an opportunity for people to address
5. Introduction and first reading of an ordinance to amend the Code of Ordinances, Article X of Chapter 21, to include an annual fee amount of $250.00 per space for open lot leased parking spaces in the downtown area. STRAYER
6. Zoning Petition No. 563 – Earl D. Bennett Construction – to conditionally rezone property at 204 Commerce Drive from Larkin Township to Residential B zoning classification (4/5 vote required). (Public hearing held Jan. 11; tabled action until Jan. 25). BAKER
7. 2010-2011 Construction Project Priorities List: MCMANUS
a. Receiving and filing Construction Project Priorities List.
b. Endorsing the application for “Category A” Economic Development Grant funds from MDOT for street improvements surrounding expansions at The Dow Chemical Company.
* 8. Acknowledging receipt of and authorizing the City Council to accept the Freedom of Information Act denial appeal. BRANSON
WITHDRAWN BY PETITIONER
9. Making Traffic Control Orders Permanent: MCMANUS
* a. R-09-04 – that the speed limit of Whiffletree Lane shall be 25 mph.
* b. R-09-05 – that the speed limit of Fast Ice Drive shall be 35 mph and that Traffic Control Order R-07-09 shall be rescinded.
* c. S-09-13 – that Springwood Drive shall stop for Woodcliff Drive.
* 10. Authorizing execution of a quitclaim deed and property easements for access and use by the City for the installation of its new landfill gas pipeline. BUSH
11. Opposing the potential closure of the Ashman Street Post Office and encouraging the U. S. Postal Service to maintain the downtown post office in its current location. TISDALE
* 12. Approving request from H. H. Dow High Student Union to conduct a Walk Against Hunger event on February 6 utilizing the Rail Trail and charging an entry fee. DUSO
* 13. Approving diesel fuel purchase from January 13 (4/5 vote required). MURPHY
TO CONTACT THE CITY WITH QUESTIONS OR FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:
Citizen Comment Line: 837-3400