MEETING OF THE
February 22, 2010 7:00 p.m.
CALL TO ORDER – Maureen Donker, Mayor
PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE TO THE FLAG
ROLL CALL - Thomas W. Adams
Scott G. Gaynor
Bruce A. Johnson
Marty A. Wazbinski
CONSIDERATION OF ADOPTING CONSENT AGENDA ITEMS:
All resolutions marked with an asterisk are considered to be routine and will be enacted by one motion. There will be no separate consideration of these items unless a Council member or citizen so requests during the discussion stage of the “Motion to adopt the Consent Agenda as indicated”. If there is even a single request the item will be removed from the consent agenda without further motion and considered in its listed sequence in regular fashion.
Information on each agenda item is available by clicking on the number of the item.
APPROVAL OF MINUTES:
* 1. Approve minutes of February 15 special and regular City Council meetings. TISDALE
COMMENTS, IF ANY, BEFORE CITY COUNCIL.
(Please sign up with City Clerk before meeting). This is an opportunity for people to address
2. Receiving the draft of the Parks and Recreation Master Plan and scheduling a public hearing on the plan (3/8). MURPHY
Main narrative (Part 1): http://www-personal.umich.edu/~abean/midland09_rec_draft_part1.pdf
Appendices (Part 2): http://www-personal.umich.edu/~abean/midland09_rec_draft_part2.pdf
3. Revising Sec. 11-B-3 of the Park Rules and Regulations. MURPHY
4. Currie Municipal Golf Course: KEENAN
a. Adopting a deficit elimination plan.
b. Accepting gifts to fund development of an operational and business plan.
5. Receiving and filing the 2010 Annual Sidewalk Report. MCMANUS
* 6. Receiving and filing the City Manager’s Report on the Annual Review of Class C, D, and Resort Liquor Licenses. DUSO
* 7. Accepting an Easement Agreement from Midland Equities, LLC for public water mains on private property at the Apothecary Shoppe on Fast Ice Drive. MCMANUS
* 8. Approving annexation request from Consolidated Graphics Property 2 for property located at 1321 E. Wackerly Road. BAKER
* 9. Confirming the City Manager’s appointment of Christine Rapanos to the Center City Authority for a term expiring June 30, 2013. BAKER
* 10. Recognizing Midland Area Homes as a non-profit organization in the community for the purpose of registering with the Charitable Gaming Division of the Michigan Lottery. DUSO
11. Considering purchases and contracts:
* a. Winter Blend Diesel Fuel Purchase on February 9 (4/5 vote required). MURPHY
* b. Increase Purchase Order to Standard Electric for repair parts for Collection System and Treatment Operations – WWTP. BUSH
* 12. Setting a public hearing to amend the City of Midland Zoning Ordinance Section 21.00, to include the DNO – Downtown Northside Overlay District in the City of Midland Zoning Ordinance No. 1585 (3/22). BAKER
TO CONTACT THE CITY WITH QUESTIONS OR FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:
Citizen Comment Line: 837-3400