MEETING OF THE
March 8, 2010 7:00 p.m.
CALL TO ORDER – Maureen Donker, Mayor
PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE TO THE FLAG
ROLL CALL - Thomas W. Adams
Scott G. Gaynor
Bruce A. Johnson
Marty A. Wazbinski
CONSIDERATION OF ADOPTING CONSENT AGENDA ITEMS:
All resolutions marked with an asterisk are considered to be routine and will be enacted by one motion. There will be no separate consideration of these items unless a Council member or citizen so requests during the discussion stage of the “Motion to adopt the Consent Agenda as indicated”. If there is even a single request the item will be removed from the consent agenda without further motion and considered in its listed sequence in regular fashion.
Information on each agenda item is available by clicking on the number of the item.
APPROVAL OF MINUTES:
* 1. Approve minutes of February 22 regular and March 3 special City Council meetings. TISDALE
2. Parks and Recreation Master Plan (Also see material sent in February 22 agenda packet). MURPHY
IF ANY, BEFORE CITY COUNCIL.
(Please sign up with City Clerk before meeting). This is an opportunity for people to address
3. Second reading and adoption of an ordinance amendment repealing Section 21-3 of Article I of Chapter 21 – Refuse Collection Fees and
amending Section 21-4 of Article I of Chapter 21 – Yard Waste Collection Fees. MURPHY
4. Directing the City Manager to prepare a report on the 2010 Sidewalk Improvement Program. MCMANUS
* 5. Accepting cost agreements with MDOT for maintenance of State trunk line signal controls in the City of Midland. MCMANUS
6. Approving requests for a one-year extension of time to complete Industrial Facilities Exemption Certificates from: DUFORD
* a. Dow AgroSciences, LLC - #2007-523
* b. The Dow Chemical Company - #2007-524
* c. The Dow Chemical Company - #2007-525
* d. The Dow Chemical Company - #2007-526
* e. The Dow Chemical Company - #2007-528
* 7. Approving request from the Downtown Development Authority and the Great Lakes Loons to hold an Opening Day Parade in the downtown area on April 11. DUSO
* 8. Approving request from Christian Celebration Center to hold a walkathon at Stratford Park and charge an entry fee. DUSO
9. Setting a public hearing:
* a. Zoning Petition No. 565 – CGX Consolidated Graphics - to rezone property located at 1321 E. Wackerly Rd. from Lincoln Township B-2 to the City of Midland Industrial “A” Light Industrial zoning classification (4/12). BAKER
* b. Request from Dow AgroSciences, LLC for an Industrial Facilities Exemption Certificate within the Michigan Division Dow Chemical Company Plant Rehabilitation District No. 1, to utilize Building 827 at Michigan Operations for the production of agricultural insecticide products (3/22). DUFORD
TO CONTACT THE CITY WITH QUESTIONS OR FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:
Citizen Comment Line: 837-3400