MEETING OF THE
June 28, 2010 7:00 p.m.
CALL TO ORDER – Maureen Donker, Mayor
PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE TO THE FLAG
ROLL CALL - Thomas W. Adams
Bruce A. Johnson
Marty A. Wazbinski
CONSIDERATION OF ADOPTING CONSENT AGENDA ITEMS:
All resolutions marked with an asterisk are considered to be routine and will be enacted by one motion. There will be no separate consideration of these items unless a Council member or citizen so requests during the discussion stage of the “Motion to adopt the Consent Agenda as indicated”. If there is even a single request the item will be removed from the consent agenda without further motion and considered in its listed sequence in regular fashion.
Information on each agenda item is available by clicking on the number of the item.
APPROVAL OF MINUTES:
* 1. Approve minutes of June 14 special (2) and regular City Council meetings. TISDALE
COMMENTS, IF ANY, BEFORE CITY COUNCIL.
(Please sign up with City Clerk before meeting). This is an opportunity for people to address
2. Second reading and adoption of an ordinance amendment: BUSH
a. Sec. 28-52 of Division 3 of Article II of Chapter 28 – Water Rates.
b. Sec. 28-163 of Division 3 of Article III of Chapter 28 – Sewer Rates.
3. Accepting the ISC Tournament Host Committee’s gift of field improvements at Currie Stadium. MURPHY
4. Approving the Final Plat of Countryside Estates No. 3, a residential subdivision of 18 lots on 14.84 acres located west of Dublin Avenue and south of Countryside Drive. BAKER
5. Authorizing the City Council to take action on the Freedom of Information Act denial appeal. BRANSON
* 6. Approving the purchase of property tax foreclosed properties at 1606 Jefferson and 1514 Jefferson. BAKER
* 7. Making Traffic Control Order No. P-10-07 Permanent – that parking shall be prohibited on Willow Street from Beech Street to the south end of Willow Street. MCMANUS
* 8. Accepting Chuck McFarlane’s resignation from the Board of Review. DUFORD
9. Making appointments to boards and commissions:
* a. Board of Review. DUFORD
* b. Dial-A-Ride Advisory Commission. YUERGENS
10. Considering purchases and contracts:
a. Negotiated Contract Settlement between the City of Midland and the Midland Police Command Group/Police Officers Labor Council. WHITTINGTON
* b. Curbside Recycling Services Agreement. MURPHY
* c. Diesel Fuel Purchase of June 8 (4/5 vote required). MURPHY
* d. 2010 Wackerly Water Main Improvement; Contract No. 4. MCMANUS
* e. Electric Power Upgrade and Related Underground Work – Landfill. BUSH
* f. Calcium Oxide. BUSH
* g. Hydrofluosilicic Acid. BUSH
* h. Ferric Chloride. BUSH
11. City Council Discussion of City Manager and City Attorney Job Performance Reviews. DONKER
TO CONTACT THE CITY WITH QUESTIONS OR FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:
Citizen Comment Line: 837-3400