MEETING OF THE
July 12, 2010 7:00 p.m.
CALL TO ORDER – Maureen Donker, Mayor
PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE TO THE FLAG
ROLL CALL - Thomas W. Adams
Bruce A. Johnson
Marty A. Wazbinski
CONSIDERATION OF ADOPTING CONSENT AGENDA ITEMS:
All resolutions marked with an asterisk are considered to be routine and will be enacted by one motion. There will be no separate consideration of these items unless a Council member or citizen so requests during the discussion stage of the “Motion to adopt the Consent Agenda as indicated”. If there is even a single request the item will be removed from the consent agenda without further motion and considered in its listed sequence in regular fashion.
Information on each agenda item is available by clicking on the number of the item.
APPROVAL OF MINUTES:
* 1. Approve minutes of June 28 regular City Council meeting. TISDALE
COMMENTS, IF ANY, BEFORE CITY COUNCIL.
(Please sign up with City Clerk before meeting). This is an opportunity for people to address
2. Introduction and first reading of an ordinance to amend Section 21-71 of Division 2 of Article II of Chapter 21 of the Code of Ordinances – Golf Course Fees. DUSO
* 3. Accepting donation from The Dow Chemical Company for the purchase and installation of an accessible play structure for Fournie Park. MURPHY
* 4. Making Traffic Control Order P-10-08 permanent – that TCOs P-86-12, P-86-06 and P-85-20 be rescinded and parking is hereby allowed on Hancock Drive from Clay Street to 500’ west. MCMANUS
* 5. Appointing Paula Whittington to the MBS International Airport Commission. LYNCH
6. Considering purchases and contracts:
* a. Life and Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance Coverage (4/5 vote required). WHITTINGTON
* b. Regular #2 Diesel Fuel Purchase of June 29 (4/5 vote required). MURPHY
* c. E10 Ethanol Blend Unleaded Fuel Purchase of June 29 (4/5 vote required). MURPHY
* d. Five Police Patrol Cars. MURPHY
* e. 2010 Landfill Water Main; Contract No. 11. MCMANUS
f. MDOT Contract Amendments for Barstow Airport AWOS System Maintenance: MCMANUS
* 1. No. 2008-0421/A1
* 2. No. 2008-0419/A1
* g. Janitorial Services – Water Treatment Plant. BUSH
* h. Water Meters and Accessories. BUSH
* i. Purchase Order Increase for Contractual Repair Services. BUSH
* j. Golf Course Chemicals. DUSO
TO CONTACT THE CITY WITH QUESTIONS OR FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:
Citizen Comment Line: 837-3400