MEETING OF THE
July 26, 2010 7:00 p.m.
CALL TO ORDER – Maureen Donker, Mayor
PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE TO THE FLAG
ROLL CALL - Thomas W. Adams
Bruce A. Johnson
Marty A. Wazbinski
WELCOME AND INTRODUCTION OF STUDENTS FROM MIDLAND’S SISTER CITY, HANDA, JAPAN
CONSIDERATION OF ADOPTING CONSENT AGENDA ITEMS:
All resolutions marked with an asterisk are considered to be routine and will be enacted by one motion. There will be no separate consideration of these items unless a Council member or citizen so requests during the discussion stage of the “Motion to adopt the Consent Agenda as indicated”. If there is even a single request the item will be removed from the consent agenda without further motion and considered in its listed sequence in regular fashion.
Information on each agenda item is available by clicking on the number of the item.
APPROVAL OF MINUTES:
* 1. Approve minutes of July 12 special and regular City Council meetings. TISDALE
PROCLAMATIONS, AWARDS, RECOGNITIONS, PRESENTATIONS:
2. Proclamation recognizing the 20th anniversary of the Americans with Disabilities Act. RICHART
3. Presentation on the City of Midland Golf Course Operational Review report prepared by Golf Convergence and a resolution receiving and filing said report. DUSO
COMMENTS, IF ANY, BEFORE CITY COUNCIL.
(Please sign up with City Clerk before meeting). This is an opportunity for people to address
4. Second reading and adoption of an ordinance to amend Section 21-71 of Division 2 of Article II of Chapter 21 of the Code of Ordinances – Golf Course Fees. DUSO
* 5. Approving a one-year time extension for Site Plan No. 286 to allow a 74,889 square foot hotel located at 6925 T. Moore Drive on 3.33 acres. BAKER
6. Expressing support for the 2010 Dow/Habitat Neighborhood Revitalization Project and appreciation to The Dow Chemical Company, Midland Habitat for Humanity and other volunteers, businesses and non-profit organizations, and authorizing the City’s support as requested. BAKER
* 7. Accepting the resignation of Sue Rabbage from the Downtown Development Authority. TISDALE
* 8. Confirming the City Manager’s appointment of Zachary Prior and Heidi McIvor to the Downtown Development Authority. TISDALE
9. Considering purchases and contracts:
* a. WWTP Process Pipe Engineering: Phase III Improvements (4/5 vote required). BUSH
* b. City Facilities Lighting Retrofit – Phase I. BUSH
* 10. Setting a public hearing on an amendment to the 2010/11 Landfill Fund budget for the purchase of real property adjacent to the Landfill at 3601 N. Rockwell Drive (8/9). BUSH
TO CONTACT THE CITY WITH QUESTIONS OR FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:
Citizen Comment Line: 837-3400