MEETING OF THE
August 9, 2010 7:00 p.m.
CALL TO ORDER – Maureen Donker, Mayor
PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE TO THE FLAG
ROLL CALL - Thomas W. Adams
J. Dee Brooks
Bruce A. Johnson
Marty A. Wazbinski
CONSIDERATION OF ADOPTING CONSENT AGENDA ITEMS:
All resolutions marked with an asterisk are considered to be routine and will be enacted by one motion. There will be no separate consideration of these items unless a Council member or citizen so requests during the discussion stage of the “Motion to adopt the Consent Agenda as indicated”. If there is even a single request the item will be removed from the consent agenda without further motion and considered in its listed sequence in regular fashion.
Information on each agenda item is available by clicking on the number of the item.
APPROVAL OF MINUTES:
* 1. Approve minutes of July 26 regular City Council meeting. TISDALE
2. Amendment to the 2010/11 Landfill Fund budget for the purchase of real property at 3601 N. Rockwell Drive (Also see material sent in July 26 agenda packet). BUSH
COMMENTS, IF ANY, BEFORE CITY COUNCIL.
(Please sign up with City Clerk before meeting). This is an opportunity for people to address
3. Authorizing execution of a deed for the sale and transfer of City property located at 716 Gordon Street (4/5 vote required). BAKER
4. Considering purchases and contracts:
* a. Midland Building Trades Program Project Contractual Agreement. BAKER
* b. Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) Subrecipient Agreements. BAKER
* c. Diesel Fuel Purchase of July 27 (4/5 vote required). MURPHY
* d. Electronic Online Services and Staff Training from Midwest Collaborative for Library Services (4/5 vote required). BARNARD
* e. Library Automation Services from Valley Library Consortium (4/5 vote required). BARNARD
* f. Electronic Online Services and Materials from Gale (4/5 vote required). BARNARD
* g. 2010 Ashman Street Reconstruction and Sanitary Sewer; Contract No. 8. MCMANUS
* h. Residuals to Land Application Hauling. BUSH
* i. Aluminum Handrails - Wastewater Treatment Plant. BUSH
5. Setting a public hearing:
* a. Amendment to the Municipal Service Center budget for the purchase of brine-making equipment (8/23). MURPHY
* b. Zoning Text Amendment No. 151 –Section 2.02 and Section 14.02 D permitting miniature pigs as a Conditional Land Use in the single family residential districts in the City of Midland (9/13). BAKER
c. The Dow Chemical Company Renewable Energy Renaissance Zone and Two Brownfield Redevelopment Plans. DUSO
* 1. Resolution setting a public hearing on Brownfield Plan #5 (8/23)
* 2. Resolution setting a public hearing on Brownfield Plan #6 (8/23)
* 3. Resolution to notify intent to consider a Renewable Energy Renaissance Zone within Michigan Operations.
TO CONTACT THE CITY WITH QUESTIONS OR FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:
Citizen Comment Line: 837-3400