REGULAR MEETING OF THE MIDLAND CITY COUNCIL
City Hall, 333 W. Ellsworth Street, Midland, Michigan
August 23, 2010 7:00 p.m.
CALL TO ORDER – Maureen Donker, Mayor
PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE TO THE FLAG
ROLL CALL - Thomas W. Adams
J. Dee Brooks
Bruce A. Johnson
Marty A. Wazbinski
CONSIDERATION OF ADOPTING CONSENT AGENDA ITEMS:
All resolutions marked with an asterisk are considered to be routine and will be enacted by one motion. There will be no separate consideration of these items unless a Council member or citizen so requests during the discussion stage of the “Motion to adopt the Consent Agenda as indicated”. If there is even a single request the item will be removed from the consent agenda without further motion and considered in its listed sequence in regular fashion.
Information on each agenda item is available by clicking on the number of the item.
APPROVAL OF MINUTES:
* 1. Approve minutes of August 9 regular City Council meeting. TISDALE
2. The Dow Chemical Company Renewable Energy Renaissance Zone and Two Brownfield Redevelopment Plans (Also see material sent in August 9 agenda packet): DUSO
a. Public Hearing on Brownfield Plan #5.
b. Public Hearing on Brownfield Plan #6.
c. Resolution authorizing the City of Midland to submit an application to the Michigan Strategic Fund for a Renewable Energy Renaissance Zone within Michigan Operations.
3. Amendment to the Municipal Service Center budget for the purchase of brine-making equipment (Also see material sent in August 9 agenda packet). MURPHY
PUBLIC COMMENTS, IF ANY, BEFORE CITY COUNCIL. (Please sign
up with City Clerk before meeting). This
is an opportunity for people to address the
4. Approving the Final Plat of Broadhead Estates No. 3, a residential subdivision of 12 lots on 5.32 acres located east of Jefferson Avenue and south of Julie Ann Drive. BAKER
5. Approving an extension of time for completion of sidewalk: BAKER
* a. One-year extension in Broadhead Estates Subdivision No. 1.
* b. Two-year extension in Broadhead Estates Subdivision No. 2.
* c. One-year extension in Countryside Estates Subdivision No. 1.
* d. One-year extension in Countryside Estates Subdivision No. 2.
* 6. Approving the annexation request from F/A Pnacek, Ltd. for property located at 1913 Jefferson Road. BAKER
* 7. Authorizing the sale of surplus city equipment at the annual auction on September 18, 2010. MURPHY
* 8. Confirming the City Manager’s appointment of Lynne Luongo to the Downtown Development Authority. TISDALE
* 9. Accepting Jeffrey Nielsen’s resignation from the Board of Review. DUFORD
* 10. Appointing Donald Acker to the Board of Review. DUFORD
* 11. Approving request to host a Balloon Festival Kick-Off event in downtown Midland on September 16. TISDALE
12. Considering purchases and contracts:
* a. Purchase of Ethanol Blend Unleaded Fuel on August 5 (4/5 vote required). MURPHY
* b. Three refuse trucks. MURPHY
c. Payment relating to the City’s defense in the MCV appeals to the Michigan Tax Tribunal and the Michigan Court of Appeals: BRANSON
* 1. To George E. Sansoucy, P.E., L.L.C. for contracted appraisal services.
* 2. To Braun, Kendrick, Finkbeiner, P.L.C. for contracted legal services.
* d. Two Heating Boilers – Fire Station #1. POWELL
* e. SunGard Public Sector and New World Systems software maintenance and support services. UNDERHILL
* 13. Setting a public hearing for a budget amendment to recognize a donation from the Midland Area Community Foundation for the Tridge Railing Replacement Project (9/13). MCMANUS
TO CONTACT THE CITY WITH QUESTIONS OR FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:
Citizen Comment Line: 837-3400
City of Midland website address: www.midland-mi.org
City of Midland email address: email@example.com
Government Information Center: located near the reference desk at the Grace A. Dow Memorial Library