MEETING OF THE
September 13, 2010 7:00 p.m.
CALL TO ORDER – Maureen Donker, Mayor
PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE TO THE FLAG
Boy Scout Troop #768 – St. Brigid of Kildare Catholic Church
ROLL CALL - Thomas W. Adams
J. Dee Brooks
Bruce A. Johnson
Marty A. Wazbinski
CONSIDERATION OF ADOPTING CONSENT AGENDA ITEMS:
All resolutions marked with an asterisk are considered to be routine and will be enacted by one motion. There will be no separate consideration of these items unless a Council member or citizen so requests during the discussion stage of the “Motion to adopt the Consent Agenda as indicated”. If there is even a single request the item will be removed from the consent agenda without further motion and considered in its listed sequence in regular fashion.
Information on each agenda item is available by clicking on the number of the item.
APPROVAL OF MINUTES:
* 1. Approve minutes of August 23 regular and September 2 special City Council meetings. TISDALE
2. Zoning Text Amendment No. 151 – Section 2.02 and Section 14.02 D permitting miniature pigs as a Conditional Land Use in the single family residential districts in the City of Midland (Also see material sent in August 9 agenda packet). BAKER
3. Tridge Railing Replacement Project: MCMANUS
a. Budget Amendment to recognize a donation from the Midland Area Community Foundation (Also see material sent in August 23 agenda packet).
b. Approve contract with Gerace Construction.
COMMENTS, IF ANY, BEFORE CITY COUNCIL.
(Please sign up with City Clerk before meeting). This is an opportunity for people to address
4. Approving the Final Plat of Broadhead Estates No. 3, a residential subdivision of 12 lots on 5.32 acres located east of Jefferson Avenue and south of Julie Ann Drive. BAKER
5. Accepting a grant from the Friends of the Pere Marquette Rail-Trail for the purchase and installation of a new trail head sign at the Tridge. BAKER
6. Approving extension of time for completion of sidewalk: BAKER
* a. One-year extension in Winding Creek Estates Subdivision No. 1.
* b. Two-year extension in Winding Creek Estates Subdivision No. 2.
* 7. Authorizing the City Manager to sell surplus city equipment to Midland Public Schools (4/5 vote required). MURPHY
* 8. Appointing Roy Green as an MCTV Access User and Robert Balwinski as a Citizen-at-Large member to the Cable Access Advisory Commission. BEACOM
* 9. Approving the request from Opportunity Analysts, LLC, to conduct a Community Canvas event in downtown Midland on October 2. DUSO
* 10. Approving the request from Northwood University to conduct a fireworks display on September 16. DUSO
11. Considering purchases and contracts:
* a. Regular #2 Diesel Fuel Purchase of August 24 (4/5 vote required). MURPHY
* b. 2010 Sugnet Water Main, Phase II; Contract No. 9. MCMANUS
* c. Sanitary Sewer Lateral Replacements. MCMANUS
* d. Change Order No. 2 to Construction Contract for Gas-to-Energy Plant and Landfill Gas Compressor Building. BUSH
* e. Truck Scale Improvement Project – Landfill. BUSH
TO CONTACT THE CITY WITH QUESTIONS OR FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:
Citizen Comment Line: 837-3400