MEETING OF THE
October 25, 2010 7:00 p.m.
CALL TO ORDER – Maureen Donker, Mayor
PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE TO THE FLAG
ROLL CALL - Thomas W. Adams
J. Dee Brooks
Bruce A. Johnson
Marty A. Wazbinski
CONSIDERATION OF ADOPTING CONSENT AGENDA ITEMS:
All resolutions marked with an asterisk are considered to be routine and will be enacted by one motion. There will be no separate consideration of these items unless a Council member or citizen so requests during the discussion stage of the “Motion to adopt the Consent Agenda as indicated”. If there is even a single request the item will be removed from the consent agenda without further motion and considered in its listed sequence in regular fashion.
Information on each agenda item is available by clicking on the number of the item.
APPROVAL OF MINUTES:
* 1. Approve minutes of October 11 regular City Council meeting. TISDALE
2. Request from McKay Press, Inc. for an Industrial Facilities Tax Exemption Certificate within the Consolidated Graphics Industrial Development District No. 1 (Also see material sent in October 11 agenda packet): DUFORD
a. Resolution approving request.
b. Resolutions approving request to transfer Industrial Facilities Exemption Certificates from the Expanded McKay Industrial Development District No. 1 to its new location:
1. No. 2005-077
2. No. 2005-335
3. Budget Amendment to the 2010-2011 budgets of the Equipment Revolving Fund and the General Fund to distribute auction and equipment sale proceeds (Also see material sent in October 11 agenda packet). MURPHY
COMMENTS, IF ANY, BEFORE CITY COUNCIL.
(Please sign up with City Clerk before meeting). This is an opportunity for people to address
4. Receiving and filing the staff report to the City Council on the keeping of miniature pigs as pets and directing the City Manager to prepare an appropriate ordinance for City Council consideration. LYNCH
5. Receiving and filing the staff report on the status of the upgraded curbside recycling program. MURPHY
* 6. Accepting a $15,000 grant from the Midland Area Community Foundation for shared bike signs and pavement markings. BAKER
* 7. Receiving and filing the Library Board’s 2009-2010 Annual Report. BARNARD
* 8. Approving the Real Estate Transfer Agreement between the City of Midland and Eastman Ten Development, LLC for properties located on Eastman Avenue and Airport Road. MCMANUS
9. Considering purchases and contracts:
* a. Diesel Fuel Purchase of October 15 (4/5 vote required). MURPHY
* b. 2010 Chippewa River Water Main Crossing; Contract No. 12. MCMANUS
* c. Gas Collection and Control System Pumps – Landfill (4/5 vote required). BUSH
TO CONTACT THE CITY WITH QUESTIONS OR FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:
Citizen Comment Line: 837-3400