MEETING OF THE
November 8, 2010 7:00 p.m.
CALL TO ORDER – Maureen Donker, Mayor
PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE TO THE FLAG
ROLL CALL - Thomas W. Adams
J. Dee Brooks
Bruce A. Johnson
Marty A. Wazbinski
CONSIDERATION OF ADOPTING CONSENT AGENDA ITEMS:
All resolutions marked with an asterisk are considered to be routine and will be enacted by one motion. There will be no separate consideration of these items unless a Council member or citizen so requests during the discussion stage of the “Motion to adopt the Consent Agenda as indicated”. If there is even a single request the item will be removed from the consent agenda without further motion and considered in its listed sequence in regular fashion.
Information on each agenda item is available by clicking on the number of the item.
APPROVAL OF MINUTES:
* 1. Approve minutes of October 25 regular City Council meeting. TISDALE
PROCLAMATIONS, AWARDS, RECOGNITIONS, PRESENTATIONS:
2. Homeless Awareness Week – Nov. 14 - 20. RICHART
3. Recognition of Fire Truck Operator Roger R. Bebeau as the 2010 Carl and Esther Gerstacker Fire Fighter of the Year. GARCIA
4. Recognition of Patrol Officer Mark A. Klein as the 2010 Carl and Esther Gerstacker Police Officer of the Year. LADWIG
5. Zoning Petition No. 572 – Schauman Development – to rezone the property located at 4517 and 4521 Dublin Avenue from Industrial A to Residential B (Also see material sent in October 11 agenda packet). BAKER
WITHDRAWN BY PETITIONER
6. Zoning Text Amendment No. 152 – to amend the City of Midland zoning ordinance to address the dispensing of medical marihuana in the City of Midland (Also see material sent in October 11 agenda packet). BAKER
COMMENTS, IF ANY, BEFORE CITY COUNCIL.
(Please sign up with City Clerk before meeting). This is an opportunity for people to address
7. Introduction and first reading of an ordinance that provides for the keeping of miniature pigs as pets in the City of Midland by adding Article III to Chapter 3 of the Code of Ordinances and an amendment to Section 34-5 of the Code of Ordinances to add violations of Article III of Chapter 3 as municipal civil infractions. LYNCH
* 8. Approving a one-year time extension for Conditional Use Permit No. 25 and a site plan to allow a 3,494 sq. ft. automobile filling station with a drive-up window in a Regional Commercial District at 6801 Jefferson Avenue on 1.8 acres. BAKER
* 9. Reappointing William Lauderbach to the Saginaw-Midland Municipal Water Supply Corporation Board of Trustees. BUSH
* 10. Approving the request from the Midland Area Community Foundation for a fireworks display as part of the Santa Arrival Parade on November 30. DUSO
11. Making Traffic Control Orders permanent: MCMANUS
* a. R-10-01 – establishes shared use bicycle lanes on Ashman and Rodd Streets.
* b. D-10-01 – that the Chestnut Hill school traffic signal shall operate on a 50-second cycle length.
* 12. Approving Change Order No. 3, reducing the amended construction contract with The Christman Company for work relating to the electric interconnection at the Gas-to-Energy Plant. BUSH
* 13. Setting a public hearing on a budget amendment to the Renewable Energy Services Fund to increase revenues from Landfill Enterprise Fund loan proceeds and to increase appropriations to complete the construction of the landfill Gas-to-Energy system (11/22). BUSH
TO CONTACT THE CITY WITH QUESTIONS OR FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:
Citizen Comment Line: 837-3400
City of Midland website address: www.midland-mi.org
City of Midland email address: email@example.com
Government Information Center: located near the reference desk at the Grace A. Dow Memorial Library