MEETING OF THE
November 22, 2010 7:00 p.m.
CALL TO ORDER – Maureen Donker, Mayor
PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE TO THE FLAG
ROLL CALL - Thomas W. Adams
J. Dee Brooks
Bruce A. Johnson
Marty A. Wazbinski
CONSIDERATION OF ADOPTING CONSENT AGENDA ITEMS:
All resolutions marked with an asterisk are considered to be routine and will be enacted by one motion. There will be no separate consideration of these items unless a Council member or citizen so requests during the discussion stage of the “Motion to adopt the Consent Agenda as indicated”. If there is even a single request the item will be removed from the consent agenda without further motion and considered in its listed sequence in regular fashion.
Information on each agenda item is available by clicking on the number of the item.
APPROVAL OF MINUTES:
* 1. Approve minutes of November 8 regular City Council meeting. TISDALE
PROCLAMATIONS, AWARDS, RECOGNITIONS, PRESENTATIONS:
2. Recognition of Midland County Central Dispatch Authority Director, Lisa Hall, as the recipient of the APCO 2010 Communications Director of the Year Award. DUSO
3. Amendment to the Renewable Energy Services Fund budget to increase revenues from Landfill Enterprise Fund loan proceeds and to increase appropriations to complete the construction of the landfill Gas-to-Energy system (Also see material sent in November 8 agenda packet). BUSH
COMMENTS, IF ANY, BEFORE CITY COUNCIL.
(Please sign up with City Clerk before meeting). This is an opportunity for people to address
4. Second reading and adoption of an ordinance that provides for the keeping of miniature pigs as pets in the City of Midland by adding Article III to Chapter 3 of the Code of Ordinances and an amendment to Section 34-5 of the Code of Ordinances to add violations of Article III of Chapter 3 as municipal civil infractions. LYNCH
5. Receiving and filing a report on the Payment in Lieu of Taxes (PILOT) policy. BAKER
6. Receiving and filing the 2011-12 Budget Preparation Schedule. KEENAN
* 7. Making Traffic Control Order P-10-14 permanent – that there shall be no parking on the east side of Siebert Street from Dilloway Drive to Kingsbury Court during school hours and the same location designated as student drop off and pick up only. MCMANUS
* 8. Reappointing David Dunn and Scott Walker to the Brownfield Redevelopment Financing Authority. DUSO
9. Considering purchases and contracts:
* a. Change Order to Gerace Construction for Tridge Railing and Beam Repairs. MCMANUS
* b. Barstow Airport Commercial Lease with PM3 Holdings. MCMANUS
* c. Winter Blend Diesel Fuel Purchase of November 4 (4/5 vote required). MURPHY
* d. E10 Ethanol Blend Unleaded Fuel Purchase of November 4 (4/5 vote required). MURPHY
TO CONTACT THE CITY WITH QUESTIONS OR FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:
Citizen Comment Line: 837-3400