MEETING OF THE
February 14, 2011 7:00 p.m.
CALL TO ORDER – Maureen Donker, Mayor
PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE TO THE FLAG
ROLL CALL - Thomas W. Adams
J. Dee Brooks
Bruce A. Johnson
Marty A. Wazbinski
CONSIDERATION OF ADOPTING CONSENT AGENDA ITEMS:
All resolutions marked with an asterisk are considered to be routine and will be enacted by one motion. There will be no separate consideration of these items unless a Council member or citizen so requests during the discussion stage of the “Motion to adopt the Consent Agenda as indicated”. If there is even a single request the item will be removed from the consent agenda without further motion and considered in its listed sequence in regular fashion.
Information on each agenda item is available by clicking on the number of the item.
APPROVAL OF MINUTES:
* 1. Approve minutes of January 24 regular City Council meeting. TISDALE
PROCLAMATIONS, AWARDS, RECOGNITIONS, PRESENTATIONS:
2. Walk for Warmth Day – February 26. RICHART
3. Request by Better Grounds, LLC to establish an Obsolete Property Rehabilitation District located at 114 E. Main Street (Also see material sent in January 24 agenda packet). DUFORD
COMMENTS, IF ANY, BEFORE CITY COUNCIL.
(Please sign up with City Clerk before meeting). This is an opportunity for people to address
4. Introduction and first reading of an ordinance to amend Section 21-71 of Division 2 of Article II of Chapter 21 – Golf Course Fees. DUSO
5. Authorizing execution of a deed for the sale and transfer of city-owned vacant parcels located at 102 & 108 Ashman Street (4/5 vote required). BAKER
* 6. Authorizing the City Manager to amend Appendix I, Section A, Temporary Appointment, Paragraph 2, Duration of Employment of the Merit System Rules to permit temporary employees to work longer than a six (6) month period for a seasonal recreational operation. WHITTINGTON
7. Making Traffic Control Orders permanent: MCMANUS
* a. P-10-15 – that parking along the southwest side of Larkin St. between Ashman St. and McDonald St. shall be designated as three hour parking and that the existing traffic control order designating 15 minute parking be rescinded.
* b. D-10-02 – that the traffic signal at the intersection of Sugnet Rd. and Washington St. shall operate on full color 7 am to 9 pm and “all red” four-way flash from 9 pm to 7 am Monday - Friday.
8. Considering purchases and contracts:
* a. Bituminous Materials – DPS. YUERGENS
* b. Concrete – DPS. YUERGENS
* c. Crushed Limestone – DPS. YUERGENS
* d. Diesel Fuel Purchase of January 31 (4/5 vote required). YUERGENS
* e. ESRI Software Maintenance & Support Services. UNDERHILL
f. Energy Purchase Agreement between Consumers Energy and the City. BUSH
* g. Buyout of Leased Bomag Compactor – Landfill. BUSH
* h. MDOT Contract No. 11-5035 for the resurfacing, reconstruction and improvement of various city streets. MCMANUS
TO CONTACT THE CITY WITH QUESTIONS OR FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:
Citizen Comment Line: 837-3400