MEETING OF THE
February 28, 2011 7:00 p.m.
CALL TO ORDER – Maureen Donker, Mayor
PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE TO THE FLAG
ROLL CALL - Thomas W. Adams
J. Dee Brooks
Bruce A. Johnson
Marty A. Wazbinski
CONSIDERATION OF ADOPTING CONSENT AGENDA ITEMS:
All resolutions marked with an asterisk are considered to be routine and will be enacted by one motion. There will be no separate consideration of these items unless a Council member or citizen so requests during the discussion stage of the “Motion to adopt the Consent Agenda as indicated”. If there is even a single request the item will be removed from the consent agenda without further motion and considered in its listed sequence in regular fashion.
Information on each agenda item is available by clicking on the number of the item.
APPROVAL OF MINUTES:
* 1. Approve minutes of February 14 regular City Council meeting. TISDALE
COMMENTS, IF ANY, BEFORE CITY COUNCIL.
(Please sign up with City Clerk before meeting). This is an opportunity for people to address
2. Second reading and adoption of an ordinance to amend Section 21-71 of Division 2 of Article II of Chapter 21 of the Code of Ordinances – Golf Course Fees. DUSO
3. Receiving and filing the 2011 Annual Sidewalk Report. MCMANUS
* 4. Receiving and filing the City Manager’s Report on the Annual Review of Class C, D, and Resort Liquor Licenses. DUSO
* 5. Adopting the Municipal Employee Retirement System Uniform Transfer Provision. WHITTINGTON
* 6. Offering City Council’s support of the Midland Area Partnership for Drug-Free Youth for a Drug Free Communities Grant. LADWIG
* 7. Confirming the City Manager’s reappointment of Bo Brines, Doug Thompson and Claudia Wallin to the Downtown Development Authority. TISDALE
8. Considering purchases and contracts:
* a. Unleaded fuel purchase of February 11 (4/5 vote required). MURPHY
* b. Diesel fuel purchase of February 11 (4/5 vote required). MURPHY
* c. Gas-to-Energy Plant and Landfill Gas Compressor Building Construction, Change Order No. 5. BUSH
* d. 4x4 Service Truck – Landfill. BUSH
* 9. Setting a public hearing to consider revisions to the City of Midland Zoning Ordinance No. 1585 (3/21). BAKER
TO CONTACT THE CITY WITH QUESTIONS OR FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:
Citizen Comment Line: 837-3400