MEETING OF THE
March 14, 2011 7:00 p.m.
CALL TO ORDER – Maureen Donker, Mayor
PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE TO THE FLAG
ROLL CALL - Thomas W. Adams
J. Dee Brooks
Bruce A. Johnson
Marty A. Wazbinski
CONSIDERATION OF ADOPTING CONSENT AGENDA ITEMS:
All resolutions marked with an asterisk are considered to be routine and will be enacted by one motion. There will be no separate consideration of these items unless a Council member or citizen so requests during the discussion stage of the “Motion to adopt the Consent Agenda as indicated”. If there is even a single request the item will be removed from the consent agenda without further motion and considered in its listed sequence in regular fashion.
Information on each agenda item is available by clicking on the number of the item.
APPROVAL OF MINUTES:
* 1. Approve minutes of February 28 special and regular City Council meetings. TISDALE
COMMENTS, IF ANY, BEFORE CITY COUNCIL.
(Please sign up with City Clerk before meeting). This is an opportunity for people to address
2. Directing the City Manager to prepare a report on the 2011 Sidewalk Improvement Program. MCMANUS
3. Directing the City Manager to prepare a preliminary report for a special assessment district under the Shopping Area Redevelopment Act (SARA) in the downtown shopping area redevelopment district. TISDALE
* 4. Receiving and filing the 2010 Annual Report for the Saginaw-Midland Municipal Water Supply Corporation. BUSH
* 5. Naming the City Manager as Transportation Coordinator and stating the City’s intentions to provide public transportation services and apply for Federal and State Financial Assistance. MURPHY
* 6. Recognizing the Saginaw Valley GLBT Group (DBA Perceptions Saginaw Valley) as a non-profit organization in the community for the purpose of registering with the Charitable Gaming Division of the Michigan Lottery. DUSO
* 7. Approving the request from the MDBA and the Michigan Jazz Trail Board to host the Michigan Jazz Trail Festival on June 25 in and around the Farmers Market area utilizing amplified sound. DUSO
* 8. Approving request from SOS Animal Rescue to hold a geocaching fundraising event on July 23 in the City Forest and charging an entry fee. DUSO
* 9. Recommending approval of the request from MVCC Limited Partnership to transfer interest in a Resort B-Hotel Licensed Business with Dance-Entertainment Permit, located at 111 W. Main. DUSO
10. Considering purchases and contracts:
* a. 2011 Tridge Staining. MCMANUS
* b. 2011 Joe Mann Boulevard Reconstruction; Contract No. 1. MCMANUS
* c. 2011 Pavement Marking Program; Contract No. 16. MCMANUS
TO CONTACT THE CITY WITH QUESTIONS OR FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:
Citizen Comment Line: 837-3400