REGULAR MEETING OF THE MIDLAND CITY COUNCIL
City Hall, 333 W. Ellsworth Street, Midland, Michigan
April 11, 2011 7:00 p.m.
CALL TO ORDER – Maureen Donker, Mayor
PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE TO THE FLAG
ROLL CALL - Thomas W. Adams
J. Dee Brooks
Bruce A. Johnson
Marty A. Wazbinski
CONSIDERATION OF ADOPTING CONSENT AGENDA ITEMS:
All resolutions marked with an asterisk are considered to be routine and will be enacted by one motion. There will be no separate consideration of these items unless a Council member or citizen so requests during the discussion stage of the “Motion to adopt the Consent Agenda as indicated”. If there is even a single request the item will be removed from the consent agenda without further motion and considered in its listed sequence in regular fashion.
Information on each agenda item is available by clicking on the number of the item.
APPROVAL OF MINUTES:
* 1. Approve minutes of March 21 regular City Council meeting. TISDALE
PROCLAMATIONS, AWARDS, RECOGNITIONS, PRESENTATIONS:
2. Proclamation recognizing the VOICES: Extraordinary Women of Midland County exhibit that will open at Doan History Center on April 30. TISDALE
3. Arbor Day – April 29. MURPHY
4. 2011 Downtown Economic Revitalization Public Improvement Special Assessment District: DUFORD
a. Public Hearing of Necessity (Also see material sent in March 21 agenda packet).
b. Resolution accepting the Special Assessment Roll and setting a public hearing on the Roll (5/9).
PUBLIC COMMENTS, IF ANY, BEFORE CITY COUNCIL. (Please sign
up with City Clerk before meeting). This
is an opportunity for people to address the
5. Receiving and filing the City Manager’s Proposed 2011-2012 Budget and directing the City Clerk to publish a notice of public hearings on the budget. KEENAN
6. Accepting the gift of a restroom facility at Plymouth Park from the Northeast Little League. MURPHY
* 7. Accepting the resignation of Lynne Luongo from the Downtown Development Authority. TISDALE
8. Making reappointments to commissions:
* a. Jackson Hallett to the Aviation Advisory Commission. MCMANUS
* b. Gayle Hanna to the Planning Commission. BAKER
9. Making Traffic Control Orders Permanent: MCMANUS
* a. D-11-01 – changes the traffic signal timing operation at Washington Street and Discovery Way.
* b. D-11-02 – changes the traffic signal timing operation at Saginaw Road and Discovery Way.
10. Approving special events:
* a. Military Flyover during the Great Lakes Regional American Legion Baseball Tournament on August 4. MCMANUS
* b. Use of public right-of-way near Tridge for a Bicycle Maintenance Workshop on May 22. DUSO
* c. Use of Farmers Market facility for a Cancer Survivors Day event on June 12. DUSO
* d. Use of Farmers Market facility for a Plant a Row program on April 23. DUSO
11. Considering purchases and contracts:
* a. Diesel Fuel Purchase of March 29 (4/5 vote required). MURPHY
* b. Unleaded Fuel Purchase of March 29 (4/5 vote required). MURPHY
* c. 2011 Curb Replacement and Pavement Patching; Contract No. 3. MCMANUS
* d. Drain Vault Reconstruction – Water Treatment Plant. BUSH
* e. Primary Digester Cleaning & Land Application – WWTP. BUSH
12. Setting a public hearing:
* a. 2011 Sidewalk Improvement Program Hearing of Necessity (5/9). MCMANUS
* b. Request from Dow AgroSciences, LLC for an Industrial Facilities Tax Exemption Certificate within The Dow Chemical Company Plant Rehabilitation District No. 1 (5/9). DUFORD
TO CONTACT THE CITY WITH QUESTIONS OR FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:
Citizen Comment Line: 837-3400
City of Midland website address: www.midland-mi.org
City of Midland email address: email@example.com
Government Information Center: located near the reference desk at the Grace A. Dow Memorial Library