MEETING OF THE
May 23, 2011 7:00 p.m.
CALL TO ORDER – Maureen Donker, Mayor
PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE TO THE FLAG
ROLL CALL - Thomas W. Adams
J. Dee Brooks
Bruce A. Johnson
Marty A. Wazbinski
CONSIDERATION OF ADOPTING CONSENT AGENDA ITEMS:
All resolutions marked with an asterisk are considered to be routine and will be enacted by one motion. There will be no separate consideration of these items unless a Council member or citizen so requests during the discussion stage of the “Motion to adopt the Consent Agenda as indicated”. If there is even a single request the item will be removed from the consent agenda without further motion and considered in its listed sequence in regular fashion.
Information on each agenda item is available by clicking on the number of the item.
APPROVAL OF MINUTES:
* 1. Approve minutes of May 9 regular City Council meeting. TISDALE
PROCLAMATIONS, AWARDS, RECOGNITIONS, PRESENTATIONS:
2. Proclamation of Recognition to Ken Powell for his many years of service to the City of Midland and the Midland Fire Fighters as Board Member of the City of Midland Police & Fire Fighter Retirement System. KEENAN
COMMENTS, IF ANY, BEFORE CITY COUNCIL.
(Please sign up with City Clerk before meeting). This is an opportunity for people to address
3. Adopting the City Manager’s Proposed 2011-12 Budget. KEENAN
* 4. Approving Site Plan No. 300 – Midland Square, LLC – for an 8,700 square foot commercial/retail building located at 7300 Eastman Avenue on 1.13 acres. BAKER
* 5. Confirming the City Manager’s reappointment of Jerry Deming to the Center City Authority. BAKER
* 6. Accepting resignation of Paul Ballard from the Planning Commission. BAKER
* 7. Making Traffic Control Order S-11-05 Permanent – that eastbound Plymouth Street shall yield to Blossom Circle and to westbound Plymouth Street. MCMANUS
* 8. Receiving and filing the 2010 Annual Drinking Water Quality Report. BUSH
9. Considering purchases and contracts:
a. Purchase Agreement with The Dow Chemical Company for the sale of electricity and renewable energy credits. BUSH
* b. Purchase Order for the installation of a meter cabinet and associated wiring at the Gas-to-Energy facility (4/5 vote required). BUSH
* c. Increase to Purchase Order for Contractual Repair Services. BUSH
* d. Plymouth Park Pool Fence. MURPHY
10. Setting a public hearing:
* a. Request to transfer Industrial Facilities Tax Exemption Certificate No. 2008-532 from The Dow Chemical Company to Styron, LLC (6/13). DUFORD
* b. Request from Styron, LLC for an Industrial Facilities Tax Exemption Certificate within The Dow Chemical Company Plant Rehabilitation District No. 1 (6/13). DUFORD
TO CONTACT THE CITY WITH QUESTIONS OR FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:
Citizen Comment Line: 837-3400