MEETING OF THE
July 25, 2011 7:00 p.m.
CALL TO ORDER – Maureen Donker, Mayor
PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE TO THE FLAG
ROLL CALL - Thomas W. Adams
J. Dee Brooks
Bruce A. Johnson
Marty A. Wazbinski
CONSIDERATION OF ADOPTING CONSENT AGENDA ITEMS:
All resolutions marked with an asterisk are considered to be routine and will be enacted by one motion. There will be no separate consideration of these items unless a Council member or citizen so requests during the discussion stage of the “Motion to adopt the Consent Agenda as indicated”. If there is even a single request the item will be removed from the consent agenda without further motion and considered in its listed sequence in regular fashion.
Information on each agenda item is available by clicking on the number of the item.
APPROVAL OF MINUTES:
* 1. Approve minutes of July 18 special and regular City Council meetings. TISDALE
COMMENTS, IF ANY, BEFORE CITY COUNCIL.
(Please sign up with City Clerk before meeting). This is an opportunity for people to address
2. Accepting an Easement Agreement from Superior Metal Recycling (SMR) to the City of Midland for public water mains on their private site and one from the City of Midland to SMR for their water main on City-owned property at the Midland Landfill site. MCMANUS
* 3. Recognizing the Midland Gymnastics Booster Club Inc. as a non-profit organization in the Community. DUSO
* 4. Making appointments to the Parks and Recreation Commission. MURPHY
* 5. Approving request from the Midland Area Chamber of Commerce to place signs and banners in the Center City Authority public right-of-way. DUSO
6. Considering purchases and contracts:
* a. Diesel Fuel Purchase of July 12 (4/5 vote required). MURPHY
* b. HVAC Control Equipment for Riverside Place Senior Living Community (4/5 vote required). BAKER
* c. Water Service Fittings. BUSH
* d. 2011 Bay City Road Reconstruction; Contract No. 7. MCMANUS
7. Setting a public hearing:
* a. Zoning Petition No. 575 – to conditionally rezone the property located at 405 Joseph Drive, Clayhill Court and Fieldstone Court from Residential A-3 to Residential B zoning (8/22). BAKER
* b. Accepting the Special Assessment Roll for the 2011 Tibbs Street Improvement Special Assessment District and setting a public hearing on the Roll (8/8). DUFORD
* c. Request by Better Grounds, LLC to expand the “Better Grounds Obsolete Property Rehabilitation District No. 1” (8/8). DUFORD
* d. Amendment to the 2011-12 Civic Arena Fund budget to increase revenue in the amount of $20,000 and to increase expenditures in the amount of $20,000 to recognize grants received from The Herbert H. and Grace A. Dow Foundation and the Rollin M. Gerstacker Foundation (8/8). DUSO
8. Resolution accepting the resignation of Bruce Johnson as Councilman to the Fourth Ward. LYNCH
TO CONTACT THE CITY WITH QUESTIONS OR FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:
Citizen Comment Line: 837-3400