What is GIS and how is it used?
Purchasing GIS Data
About our program
Address: 333 W. Ellsworth St. Midland, Michigan 48640 Phone: 989-837-3363     Email: email@example.com
GIS Data Purchase
Fees charged for the City's GIS data and information are consistent with other communities in Michigan that currently charge a fee for GIS data under Michigan's Public Act 462 of 1996 (the Enhanced Access to Public Records Act). This legislation allows for the recovery of a portion of the cost to develop GIS data above what is provided in the Freedom of Information Act (FOIA). These fees will also help the City recover costs associated with satisfying special requests for customized information that goes beyond regular GIS operations.
GIS Data Fee Schedule Order Form
GIS-generated data for sale by the City of Midland is listed on the form below. (Adobe Reader required to view PDF file.) Once the form is open, read the instructions by placing your cursor over the red comment bubble on the left-hand side of the form.
For any questions on the form, please contact the City of Midland Information Services Department directly, at 989-837-3364.
GIS Data Inventory
The types of GIS data available for sale at the City of Midland are listed below:
- Pictometry: 2008 oblique images at 4" and 12" pixel resolution are available for the entire city of Midland and surrounding area (60 mi2). Imagery is provided in pictometry proprietary formt. User is responsible for obtaining pictometry EFS software from vendor.
- Aerial Photography: 2008 orthophotography at 4" pixel resolution are available for the entire city of Midland and surrounding area (60 mi2).
- Parcels with Data: Parcels with data includes tax assessment, owner information, property address, and building information.
- Road Centerline:
- Address Points:
- City Boundary:
- Edge of Pavement:
- Building Outlines:
- Transportation Lines: These include rails, trails, runway, and sidewalks.
- Land Use (future or existing):
- 100-year Floodplain:
- Wastewater Network: All utility networks are geometric networks that include manholes and main lines in ESRI geodatabase format.
- Stormwater Network: All utility networks are geometric networks that include manholes and main lines in ESRI geodatabase format.
- Fire Hydrants:
- Elevation Contours (2 ft.):
- Digital Elevation Model (DEM):
- Points of Interest:
- Miscellaneous Data: Can't find what you're looking for? Call the GIS Department at 989-837-3364 for additional/other data.
- Tax Assessment Data (database export):
- Address Data (database export):
- Master Street Address Guide (MSAG - database export):
Updates are available upon request after original purchase is made.
All City of Midland GIS Data is in the State Plane Coordinate System, Michigan South (FIPS 2113), North American Datum 1983, International Foot.
Enhanced Access to Public Records
Terms and Conditions
The City of Midland GIS data is NOT to be construed or used as, or for, a
"legal description", it is provided for informational purposes only. Precise determination of property boundaries must be made by a licensed surveyor. Every effort has been made to ensure the highest
accuracy of all data, but some errors can occur. The City of
Midland assumes no liability or responsibility for any errors,
omissions, or inaccuracies in the information provided
regardless of the cause, or for any decision made, or action
taken by the user in reliance upon any maps or information
provided. Data is updated on a regular basis. Contact the GIS
Department for specific details.