Auditorium Rules and Regulations
- The Library is a smoke-free facility.
- No alcoholic beverages are allowed on Library property.
- Food and beverages are allowed ONLY in the Auditorium Lobby.
- General seating in the Auditorium is limited to 262.*
- Users may schedule use of the Auditorium between 8 a.m. and 11 p.m. Monday thru Friday, between 10 a.m. and 5 p.m. Saturday, and between 12 noon and 5 p.m. Sunday during the school year.
- No program which may disrupt Library patrons may start before the building closes to the public.
- Payment is due one week prior to rental date(s). Refunds will be made only for cancellations made two days prior to the rental date(s).
- Lighting requirements must be prearranged with the building maintenance
coordinator between 8 a.m. and 3 p.m. Monday through Friday. Call (989) 837-3432
- The piano is a piece of fine furniture; please do not place any objects on
top of it.
- Signs in the building, limited to the meeting announcement, are allowed upon Library approval.
- Only free literature may be distributed to your program participants.
- No cash transactions for items sold other than admission tickets will be allowed.
- Users expecting a large turnout should request that attendees park at the west end of the Library (closest to Michigan Molecular Institute), especially for meetings that begin before the Library opens to the public.
- The Library reserves the right to request verification of nonprofit status.
- Library programs, Library-related programs and City of Midland programs have priority in the use of the facilities. Unanticipated use by these organizations may force rescheduling of your event.
- Users are responsible for making sure that the facilities are left in the same condition as they were found.
- Users are solely responsible for providing adequate supervision for the activities which take place at the Library facilities, to prevent damage or injury to persons or property. Users accept responsibility for the repair or replacement of damaged or missing equipment and damaged facilities.
- Users agree to indemnify and hold harmless the Library, its staff and the City of Midland and its agents from any loss, liability, claim or proceedings arising out of or in connection with the use of the Library facilities by the organization, its member or invitees, unless such a loss, liability, claim or proceeding is based solely on the gross negligence or intentional misconduct of the Grace A. Dow Memorial Library.
- There are two wheelchair-accessible areas located at both ends of the first row.
- The first seats at both ends of the second row and the first seat on the end of the south side of the third row from the back have arm rests that flip up for accessible seating. These seats maybe used for those who have walkers or have difficulty maneuvering around the stationary arm rests.
- No standing in the aisle or blocking the aisle is allowed at any time.*
- Side aisles leading to the stage are not open for general seating.*
- Side aisles may be used for wheelchair-accessible seating with one companion per wheelchair. Wheelchair must be located in front or behind the companion seat, not along side of the seat.*
- Safety lights located in the side aisles must be turned on at all times during use of the Auditorium. The switch is located inside the entry door to the side aisles.*
- There is no food or beverages allowed in the Auditorium seating area.
* By order of the Fire Marshall