Community Room Rules and Regulations
- The Library is a smoke-free facility.
- No alcoholic beverages are allowed on Library property.
- Use of the kitchen facility is permitted. It must, however, be cleaned and left in its original condition.
- The Library does not provide dish towels, cleaning supplies, soap, ect. Users must bring in own supplies.
- Food and other refreshments must be arranged by users. If catered, the delivery must be arranged with Library staff.
- A maximum of 49 persons are allowed in the Community Room.
- Users may schedule use of the Community Room between 8 a.m. and 11 p.m. Monday thru Friday, between 10 a.m. and 5 p.m. Saturday, and between 12 noon and 5 p.m. Sunday during the school year.
- No program which may disrupt Library patrons may start before the building closes to the public.
- Payment is due one week prior to rental date(s). Refunds will be made only for cancellations made two days prior to the rental date(s).
- Signs in the building, limited to the meeting announcement, are allowed upon Library approval.
- Only free literature may be distributed to your program participants.
- No cash transactions for items sold other than admission tickets will be allowed.
- Users expecting a large turnout should request that attendees park at the west end of the Library (closest to Michigan Molecular Institute), especially for meetings that begin before the Library opens to the public.
- The Library reserves the right to request verification of nonprofit status.
- Library programs, Library-related programs and City of Midland programs have priority in the use of the facilities. Unanticipated use by these organizations may force rescheduling of your event.
- Users are responsible for making sure that the facilities are left in the same condition as they were found.
- Users are solely responsible for providing adequate supervision for the activities which take place at the Library facilities, to prevent damage or injury to persons or property. Users accept responsibility for the repair or replacement of damaged or missing equipment and damaged facilities.
- Users agree to indemnify and hold harmless the Library, its staff and the City of Midland and its agents from any loss, liability, claim or proceedings arising out of or in connection with the use of the Library facilities by the organization, its member or invitees, unless such a loss, liability, claim or proceeding is based solely on the gross negligence or intentional misconduct of the Grace A. Dow Memorial Library.